40 replies to this topic

#31 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 24 August 2002 - 08:50 PM

I kind of agree(d) with BP on this one. I absolutly hated the 'Bull**** line, and was thankful that they cut it out. I recon they could have left the 'watch the birdie you bast*rd' line in, it is immortal and it sounds strange when cut short. The Truman Lodge death scene was very diffucult to follow, especially for ppl who haven't seen the movie, they would be asking, what happened to him? I though that after 10pm, they would have left some swear words in, there can't be that many kiddies up at that time, surely? Anyways, the TV guides said that caution was recommened, but the way they cut it, it just seemes like a normal Bond movie.

#32 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • Location:Was on Saturn, now back in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 25 August 2002 - 06:27 PM

ITV is usually pretty savage when editing the Bonds, in my opinion.

They didn't show Krest's head inflating, that p***ed me off.

#33 scaramanga1

scaramanga1

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 August 2002 - 11:07 AM

Exactly! And Dragonheart was on Saturday at 7.30, and the violence in that was just as graphic if more so than seeing Krest's head explode. Those people at ITV should take a look at what they allow and what they don't a little more carefully IMO.

#34 Moonraker 5

Moonraker 5

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 August 2002 - 11:23 AM

Did Moneypenny's split second scene not vanish too, or did I just happen to be out of the room at the time? Editing like that after 9pm was just laughable. Some of ITV's dramas are more violent and contain stronger expletives.

#35 ThomasCrown76

ThomasCrown76

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 26 August 2002 - 03:50 PM

Did they leave the whole gun barrel scene in. I mean the blood comes down and it's awfully violent.

#36 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 26 August 2002 - 08:34 PM

i dont know if anyone mentioned this but they didn't show Krest's head inflate, only the blood spash against the porthole of the decompression chamber...

... and when the Oriental Guy took the sienide, they didn't show Sanchez turn back and shoot his corpse.

Also, LOADS of the Kenwood Tanker sequence was cut out.

#37 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 26 August 2002 - 09:19 PM

I think we mentioned about Krest's head exploding. The Kwang scene was left out though, along with just before, when the women Oriental is fighting, Heller shoots her, and you see her bing shot, all they did was leave in Heller shooting a gun! Geez, watch London'd Burning or something, and the violence/sex scenes are ten times as worse, and thats just an example!

#38 ThomasCrown76

ThomasCrown76

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 27 August 2002 - 06:50 PM

This reminds me of what ABC used to do to the Bonds here back in the 70s and 80s? Did you all know Goldfinger's pre-credits sequence used to be cut completely out when it was shown on ABC in the 70s?

#39 WC

WC

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1415 posts

Posted 21 September 2002 - 02:05 PM

I don't remember the very last time LTK was screened on ITV, but I do remember that in one previous time, when they did the whole 00 Heaven series, the line where Bond and Pam are in the boat, and he says "Now why don't you wait until you're asked" and she replies, "Well, why don't you ask me" was cut completely. It just ended with them kissing and cut to the next scene.

I found this made the comment at the end in the pool when the lines are reversed completely nonsensical and without its proper context. Also, it made the Patti LaBelle song "If You Ask Me To" have less meaning.

#40 Bondpurist

Bondpurist

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 22 September 2002 - 05:44 PM

Cutting things out that are obviously gratutious and offensive can perhaps be excused, but absurd things that aren't in the least offensive, and when ommited confuse and obscure the film plot are ridiculous things to cut out. The ITV censors need their heads checking. And yes I am back.

#41 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 22 September 2002 - 06:38 PM

welcome back BP...