4 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Twilight

Mr Twilight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:14 AM

I don't have full access (yet) to 007 Magazine articles but the tribute to Gardner seems very interesting. The proposed comic stripes of Role of Honour makes my heart beats a little faster. Would love to see and read it.
There are several articles on 007 Magazine that makes me curious and I'm thinking of getting full access to the 007 Magazine online.

007 Magazine - Gardner's world

#2 Trident

Trident

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:11 PM

From what I can see on that page, the strip seems to be 'Icebreaker' not 'Role Of Honour'. It's the scene where the Icepalace is attacked by Russian aircraft. Would certainly have been worth looking at had it been done. I wonder who the artist in this piece is? Not Horak I suppose?

#3 Mr Twilight

Mr Twilight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:17 PM

Well, very good observed Trident! I never thought of that but as you say, youre probably right. Has finished Icebreaker and just re-reading RoH at the moment and that "scene" seems to come from IB and not RoH.

#4 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:34 PM

From what I can see on that page, the strip seems to be 'Icebreaker' not 'Role Of Honour'. It's the scene where the Icepalace is attacked by Russian aircraft. Would certainly have been worth looking at had it been done. I wonder who the artist in this piece is? Not Horak I suppose?

It's both. Two strips of ROH (Percy Proud is ROH) and two strips from IB. I originally thought it was all ROH and put that in my news story. Sorry for the confusion.

And it appears these never ran anywhere. I see the caption reads these where a "proposed" series.

#5 Trident

Trident

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:02 AM

It's both. Two strips of ROH (Percy Proud is ROH) and two strips from IB. I originally thought it was all ROH and put that in my news story. Sorry for the confusion.

And it appears these never ran anywhere. I see the caption reads these where a "proposed" series.

Oh, sorry. I've only seen the starting page with one single strip from IB, not the entire article. Would have loved to see these strips published even though I'd have prefered LR or FSS to ROH. Any guesses who the artist was supposed to be? I take it it's neither Horak nor McLusky?