6 replies to this topic

#1 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:45 PM

Well, I'm proud to present to you my first attempt at a James Bond fan fiction... This is the beginning of the short story, and I would very much appreciate any comment!
Cheers, MkB

[color="#708090"]It had been a good day. A “clean” job had marked the end of his assignment, and those who had to die had now rejoined those who should have lived in the indifference of death. He could now leave Prague and its lot of memories behind.

It had been a good day. And still... Seated in a deep leather armchair, in a dark corner of the wood-panelled bar of his Mala Stran

Edited by MkB, 22 September 2007 - 10:18 AM.

#2 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 11:48 PM

Very promising! I quite enjoyed this first installment! Thank you!

#3 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:14 AM

Very promising! I quite enjoyed this first installment! Thank you!

Thanks a lot, Darkpath!
Here is a little more stuff...

[color="#708090"]
Šlesinger gave him a quick, embarrassed look. Since their first meeting about two weeks ago, he had never been at ease with this dark young man. Maybe it had something to do with his face, his cold grey-blue eyes and the scar down his right cheek that gave him a ruthless look. Maybe it had something to do with the feelings he could perceive in him… After more than twenty years as a sleeper agent for MI6 in central Europe, he had seen many ruthless young men. But this one was more than ruthless. He was on the edge.

- “James, are you all right?” Šlesinger leaned forward and lowered his voice. “You should be in a hospital... The back seat of my car is still covered with your blood!”
Bond waved off the subject.
- “I’m all right, Stan. Don’t worry about me.” He took a deep breath, seeming to shake himself off his thoughts, and reached for a gunmetal cigarette case. “Mind if I smoke?”
Šlesinger smirked:
- Well, as you pointed out, I’m not your doctor... Do what you want with your lungs!
Bond gave him one of his thin, rather cruel smiles, and lit his cigarette.
- Anyway, if your health is beyond my concern, I think you’ll appreciate I’ve taken care of your flight. You are booked on the first plane to Budapest tomorrow morning. Here are your travel documents. I’ll come to pick you up at 07:00.
- Thanks. It’s perfect.
- My friend, S

Edited by MkB, 22 September 2007 - 10:18 AM.

#4 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:31 AM

I honestly enjoyed reading your work. Keep it up.

#5 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:25 AM

Wow. :cooltongue:

#6 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:44 PM

Thanks to all for your nice feedback! :cooltongue:
I'm now trying to finish the story during my spare time... The text posted here is chapter 1 (minus some typos, etc.), and I'm already done with chapter 2, but I think I won't post many more until the whole story is OK.

I'm thinking about a title now... I liked the idea of "A Slavonic Rhapsody" (after the title of Dvorak's "Slavonic Rhapsodies"), but I'm afraid it doesn't sound very good. My current title is thus "A Bohemian Rhapsody"... A bit too much connoted for many of us I'm afraid, even if it's for "Queen" and country... :angry:
How do you like it? Does it sound OK for a Bond title?

In the meanwhile, I made an attempt at a cover art with The GIMP. The idea is a blurred nightsight of Prague, with the silhouette / ghost of a woman, with red binary code in the background. I'd also like to include something of a cello (maybe in the like of this famous Man Ray photograph), and some drops of blood.

Posted Image

#7 MHazard

MHazard

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:21 PM

Nice job so far. Like all of us, there may be an awkward phrase here or there but for the most part it works and works well. If you were John Gardner you'd name the story "Never Look Backwards" but i don't like that for a title. My suggestion is wait until you're done and do the title last. When I did my only effort at fan fiction I thought I knew the title from the beginning. Then, just as I was finishing it, the obvious title came to me, but one I would never have come up with until I finished the story. Whatever anyone may think about the story or the title, I know that the one I chose was better than the one I thought I was gonna use. Anyway, I'll look forward to chapter 2 and keep up the good work.