Bond in 2003

5 replies to this topic

#1 IndyJones

IndyJones

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 04:17 AM

I was wondering is anything known about Benson's next original Bond novel like if he is writing one or if it will be released in 2003. Also is next year the 50 years since the release of the first Bond novel? Well let me know. I have read all of Benson's original Bond novel and three of Gardner's and Benson is better then Gardner so I can't wait until Benson's next Bond.

#2 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 10:42 PM

Obviously, I agree with you IndyJones.

No word yet on the 2003 book. But because Benson wrote the DAD novelization during the time that he usually researches and outlines his next book, it's very possible that we won't get an original in 2003. Benson is due for a break anyway. Gardner took a break after 4 books, Benson has written 9 books and 3 short stories back to back without a rest.

#3 IrishCrown

IrishCrown

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 06:04 PM

Might I recommend Benson going to Jamaica for holiday? I understand there are some wonderful beach front properties there in which one can fitfully relax. Then again, there's always Crab Key....or Aruba, perhaps.

#4 IndyJones

IndyJones

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 06:21 PM

So is will Benson release an original James Bond book next year or go on a break? Many writers don't take a year break and release a book like every year like Jeffery Deaver. Well for now at least on e-bay I can get Gardner's original Bond novels so when I need a Bond fix I got Gardner and now I am reading Scorpius by Gardner. Scorpius is the forth original Bond book by Gardner that I am reading.

#5 walther

walther

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 375 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 02:10 PM

Wasn't there some plot that surfaced a while back about Bond trying to stop a televangelist in Nebraska?

#6 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 02:45 PM

That was just a fan created rumor--but it was kind of a cool idea.

James Bond goes to Africa, that's what I want in the next book (or film).