9 replies to this topic

#1 Blonde Bond

Blonde Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:29 PM

Okay, I was inspired by this discussion, on the Pierce Brosnan forum.
http://debrief.comma...showtopic=40380

There isn't yet this type of a game, that takes place in the bond universe.
In this game you'd not only play as 007, but as other members of the 00-section.

Think of games like Hidden & Dangerous, where you form your squad of experts, specialized in different fields. Bomb experts, sneaking units and so on.

Since most of the times, 00-agents work alone or sometimes in pairs (see GE for a proof :cooltongue: ) it should be up to the player to choose the size of his/her team, ranging from just one agent up to reasonable four.

It also should/could be up to the player, if other agents are on field sametime, or whether player chooses to use another agent after his/her character dies while attempting to complete their mission.

All those times 007's been in peril and close to death, being almost replaced with another 00-agent. Imagine if you could do that in James Bond game...

#2 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:35 PM

or what about a Starfleet Academy type game involving 00 agents. For those of you not familiar with Starfleet Academy, it is a game made in the 90s where you are a student in the Starfleet Command school. You basically command a simulated Starship. However obviously in what I am proposing you wouldn't be flying a starship. What you would be doing is for example shooting range stuff, sneaking missions, driving missions. You know, basically what you see in a lot of the other Bonds. The difference would be that you wouldn't be playing as Bond, however, he would be in the game. In SFA, Captain Kirk and Captain Sulu are your teachers. What does everyone think? Or better yet, you could create your own 00 hopeful.

#3 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:55 PM

Interesting ideas guys. I'd definitely be up for this type of game, it breaks the mould. Of course, I'd have to get a next gen console first :(

#4 Blonde Bond

Blonde Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:21 PM

or what about a Starfleet Academy type game involving 00 agents. For those of you not familiar with Starfleet Academy, it is a game made in the 90s where you are a student in the Starfleet Command school. You basically command a simulated Starship. However obviously in what I am proposing you wouldn't be flying a starship. What you would be doing is for example shooting range stuff, sneaking missions, driving missions. You know, basically what you see in a lot of the other Bonds. The difference would be that you wouldn't be playing as Bond, however, he would be in the game. In SFA, Captain Kirk and Captain Sulu are your teachers. What does everyone think? Or better yet, you could create your own 00 hopeful.

I like the idea of creating your own 00 - agent. I'm not that familiar with Starfleet Academy. Is it a mixture of roleplay and a bird's view strategy game?

(I just randomly googled some pictures and have no bigger picture)

#5 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:00 AM

Kind of, yes. You are, as I said, a student of Starfleet Command school and you are flying around doing simulated missions against the Klingons. You are the captain of your crew (which are also made up of Command School students) and it is your responsibility to basically keep them on track. There is one student who comes from a very wealthy family and basically thinks he can screw around and breeze through the Academy and buy his way to a command (the student in question is in the attached screenshot). Now, as I said, obviously there would be some changes to the way this game would work. What I had in mind was that you enroll in basically what would a 00 academy where you have to do things such as what I mentioned previously. There would be other things, for example, gadgets and the like, and you could choose not to take, for example, the gadget course and it would not affect your game. There would be multiple endings, and you would be graded so to speak. This screenshot is just one of the examples of team interaction that I am talking about. In terms of learning type stuff, truth be told, SFA is kind of a bad example for the simple fact that there is not much classroom types scenes which is kind of what I'm going for. Does anyone here get what I am talking about, and what do you think? Also, there are more pictures at Moby Games. Just type in "Starfleet Academy" and it will take you to multiple listings. I have the one for Windows.

Attached Files

Edited by Jaws0178, 05 January 2009 - 01:03 AM.

#6 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:49 PM

I'd go for it. With the small exception that you don't play as Bond. I'd want something original. You start out as an MI8 agent and you have to perform missions to earn your double O status

#7 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:59 PM

That would be your final exam so to speak

#8 Ultraussie (Jordan.adams)

Ultraussie (Jordan.adams)

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 321 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:26 AM

A game like this would be interesting, but wouldnt sell too well.

#9 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:19 AM

anything in particular, Aussie?

#10 Double-O-Nine

Double-O-Nine

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:33 PM

I like the idea of creating your own 00 - agent. I'm not that familiar with Starfleet Academy. Is it a mixture of roleplay and a bird's view strategy game?

(I just randomly googled some pictures and have no bigger picture)

I like too of that idea of creating your own 00. Hope some day will have an game like that.