This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Things that would make the new Bond game great.

2 replies to this topic

#1 David O'Brien II

David O'Brien II

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 05:49 PM

This is my opinion, but I think that I can speak for a large amount of us. These are things that would make the new game great.

1) Hire Daniel Craig and the rest of the Bond 22 cast to do the voice acting and likeness: I think the thing that made Everything or Nothing great was the fact that for the first time they had hired all of the actors who were involved in the previous film to do the acting in the game. It made you feel like you were in a film.

2) Return to first-person: The thing that made 007 video games great was the combination of gameplay and storyline. The problem with Everything or Nothing and From Russia With Love was the fact that the multiplayer gameplay was weak. The only thing that I could suggest taking from the multiplayer in Everything or Nothing was the cooperative missions that were almost totally seperate from the main storyline of the game. Bond appears twice in the co-op. storyline but only for a few seconds due to the fact that you are doing coinciding missions at the same location. Plus first person works well with the Nitendo Wii console.

3) Take some points from Goldeneye: the thing that made Goldeneye great was that the game intertwined and builded on the plot of the film so well. It created missions that existed in between the time that Bond destroyed the weapons facility at the dam, and the time that we see him driving his Aston Martin DB5 on the road in the hills above Monte Carlo. This may not be possible with the plot of Bond 22, but it relies entirely on the cooperation of Activision and EON productions.

4) Cutscenes: Another point to take from Everything or Nothing is the cutscenes. It felt like a movie with the numerous cutscenes that appeared throughout the game. I believe that they should digitally recreate the cutscenes from the film and place them in the game. I wouldn't do what The World Is Not Enough did and put cutscenes from the film into the game. It just looks too sloppy and it's a poor excuse for not using the technology that is available.

This is just my opinion. Feel free to comment.

#2 Blonde Bond

Blonde Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:36 PM

I think they should keep the 3rd person perspective, since it was one of the things that made 'Everything or Nothing' like an interactive movie for me.

I mean, go ahead and make both 1st person and 3rd person perspective. It seemed to work just fine in Hitman - Bloodmoney.

And there could be these missions, where you'd go from third person to first person perspective, and the switch back to the 3rd person.

I just dont want to lose that aspect of the game, where I can see my hero. I dont want some faceless character 'Bond' shooting his way through enemies. I want to actually see Bond in action. Then again, I wish that there wouldn't be so much action involved. Make it sneaky and more like an adventure with occational and hopefully most of the time optional shoot-outs.

But that's just me.

#3 David O'Brien II

David O'Brien II

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 01:26 AM

I understand where you are coming from. The problem is that it just doesn't work for multiplayer gameplay. Locking on to your opponent from across the level is completely ridiculous and the gameplay too monotonous.

But I did like the fact that you could actually see Bond's face throughout the game. And I did like the idea of incorporating hand-to-hand combat into the gameplay. Another thing that they should bring into the games is a system of hand to hand that involves actual moves that are based on a system of your actions on the controller and not just you pressing the Y button several times and bond grabs the baddie's arm and dislocates his shoulder.