24 replies to this topic

#1 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 17 August 2002 - 02:08 AM

So far the only thing that's been seen as box art for the game has been the early working logo on either a black or red gunbarrel background. GameStop.com has this for their xbox version cover image, and it's also on other online retailers' sites as the Prima Games guide book cover art. It's been my experience that the guide books never really show any cover art online until it's been finalized, so it's likely that this will be what we'll get. I personally like it. It's clean and simple and the logo works well.

#2 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 18 August 2002 - 06:31 PM

Yeah, I like it. Personally hate the P99, but it's much better than the anonymous Bond of AUF et cetera. Can't wait 'til Christmas!

#3 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 18 August 2002 - 09:17 PM

I love it. But I think it would be more fitting that Brosnan's face be digitized more, since that's how he's going to appear in the game. And the whole 007 Nightfire logo coud be shrinked a little. Other than that, it would be great.

#4 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 18 August 2002 - 10:13 PM

Completely agree. While Pierce's face would undoubtedly be a strong selling point, a digitized Pierce IMHO would attract a persons eye just a bit more. "What's the digital Pierce all about?"

#5 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 18 August 2002 - 11:04 PM

It's a great cover but I still feel 'nightfire' should have an upper case 'n'.
The red works well with the title. Way better than AUF.

#6 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 20 August 2002 - 05:15 AM

check out this Picture of bond form the game, I found it on the XBOX version from Gamespot.com

that's really good, the best yet.

#7 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 20 August 2002 - 05:26 AM

what happened to that cover anyways? It's not on gamespot anymore.

#8 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 20 August 2002 - 05:35 AM

I doubt it's the final cover...

#9 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 20 August 2002 - 06:57 AM

I agree

#10 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 20 August 2002 - 12:16 PM

That's the best Brosnan virtual likenesss yet!
Way, way better than the GoldenEye, TND and TWINE attempts. Oh, and let us not forget that god awful one in 007 Racing - the man should have sued!

#11 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 20 August 2002 - 11:47 PM

Originally posted by PaulZ108
So far the only thing that's been seen as box art for the game has been the early working logo on either a black or red gunbarrel background.  GameStop.com has this for their xbox version cover  image, and it's also on other online retailers' sites as the Prima Games guide book cover art.  It's been my experience that the guide books never really show any cover art online until it's been finalized, so it's likely that this will be what we'll get.  I personally like it.  It's clean and simple and the logo works well.

that box you showed us, I'm not convinced, It looks like something some kid tried to put together with Coral Photo, in fact, I could probubly do that, but I don't have coral photo

#12 Max Zorin007

Max Zorin007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 20 August 2002 - 11:57 PM

i was in st louis last weekend and i went to this big mall there......saw a lot of bond stuff there......ive seen it all before but not till i went into the video game store. in the gamecube section there was a 007 nightfire box and it had a big sticker on it saying "coming soon" the box was black with the nightfire logo that weve seen before and if i remember correctly bond was behind it in the gunbarrel. its not the same as the one above.

#13 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 12:15 AM

Originally posted by Max Zorin007
i was in st louis last weekend and i went to this big mall there......saw a lot of bond stuff there......ive seen it all before but not till i went into the video game store.  in the gamecube section there was a 007 nightfire box and it had a big sticker on it saying "coming soon"  the box was black with the nightfire logo that weve seen before and if i remember correctly bond was behind it in the gunbarrel.  its not the same as the one above.

I've seen that box in stores too and it's simply a demo box that has a gunbarrel image ripped from 007.com and the discarded logo. I've also seen one that consisted of a distorted pixelated screenshot and "BOND 007 NIGHTFIRE" written on the bottom. Retailers use these simply as sort of a way to preview upcoming games, especially around this time of year when the releases that will be competing for $$$ this Christmas are starting to be released.

EBgames and GameStop have different images for the games themselves, but the Prima games guide remains consistent on both sites. If this is just temporary art, it's most likely official temporary art and not created for display like most other ones.

#14 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 12:52 AM

You've seen the box in stores? You really should try and get your hands on it Paul! That could become a collectors piece.

#15 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 01:15 AM

Originally posted by Blue Eyes
You've seen the box in stores? You really should try and get your hands on it Paul! That could become a collectors piece.

I doubt it. There's at least 5 of them at every location (for reasons I don't know) and EVERY video game store has them. It's sort of weird, but it's been common practice for the last few years at least.

#16 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 02:04 AM

Well I've never seen one so feel free to get me one :)

#17 Max Zorin007

Max Zorin007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 03:57 AM

You know I offered the clerk 20 bucks for it and he said I could pay 20 bucks for the box and 50 bucks to him. i whipped out my cash and he said "oh i didnt know you were taking me seriosly derrrrrrr er derrder"
ididnt take him seriously but it was worth a shot.

#18 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 04:07 AM

just pretend your a tourist by wearing a hawaiian shirt and taking pictures of everything, including the box

:)

#19 JLMuench

JLMuench

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 04:49 PM

Yo Jimbo! (Wade's Hawaiin shirt in GE!)

#20 JLMuench

JLMuench

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 04:50 PM

Anyway, I like the cover. It would have been really awesopme though, if his face was half real/half digitilized.

#21 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 11:51 PM

Originally posted by JLMuench
Yo Jimbo! (Wade's Hawaiin shirt in GE!)

*chuckles at the thought of wade going into a video game store......*

#22 Pierce Bond 007

Pierce Bond 007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 September 2002 - 11:13 AM

I think it should have Pierce Bronsnan holding his ppk.

#23 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 07 October 2002 - 10:36 PM

well, It's offical, looks like It will indeed be the cover, I didn't thionkl it was, but it's effective.

good show

#24 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 07 October 2002 - 11:01 PM

Ebgames is showing this for the PS2 Version now:

http://www.ebgames.c...sp?pf_id=226064

#25 HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 02:32 AM

That PS2 box looks more like a teaser poster. Maybe that why they did that? OR they did it to not confuse people as to what console it goes with.