#1 Solex Agitator

Solex Agitator

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 03:20 AM

Hello!

I have rarely, if ever, posted in this area.

I was recently in a thread where TLD was being discussed in detail and there were many detailed ideas being bandied about that might have deepened the already wonderful film.

It got me to thinking.

It is a shame that there was no movie tie-in novelization for TLD. It could have been a great Gardner book! While his LTK book is okay and Wood's JBTSWLM is pretty great, it would have been terrific to see the politically-charged TLD deepened by an author's touch.

And then I wondered if there had ever been any fan novelizations of the films that had not received a fan novelization with the customary extra flourishes and details thrown in.

Anyone know?

Anyone of you talented folks game?

Thanks for listening to my thought. I hope it makes sense.

I have been to happy hour. Just thought you should know.

Edited by Solex Agitator, 17 July 2007 - 03:27 AM.

#2 Mr Twilight

Mr Twilight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:30 PM

I think it's a splendid idea! As you say it's a shame there was no novelization of TLD. And i think there a some other movies that are so different than the original books that could easily stand on its own as a novelization for example DAF and TMWTGG.

It would also be nice to read a novelization of the 1976 Warhead-script or even NSNA too. I haven't seen the script myself but it would be a interesting read. I know that some of you raise your voice now and say "read Thunderball" but IMO I think that it would be some difference that it could stand on its own.

I don't know if the early scripts for Bond 17 (You know the Dalton third movie, the so called Property of a lady scripts) are available but it would have been interesting to read a novelization of that one too.

Edited by Mr Twilight, 13 August 2007 - 01:56 PM.

#3 Mr Twilight

Mr Twilight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:01 PM

There are a similar thread to this one but I think the topic title is a bit missleading so I started this one (No offence I hope).

If I haven't missed it completly - I haven't found any fan fiction movie tie-in. Haven't anyone thought of writing it or...?

I believe there are some movies that deserved and have the possiblity cause there are original storys or so. Diamonds are forever and The Man with the golden gun for example. Maybe You only live twice too? NSNA (maybe to similar to Thunderball)?

As I haven't read the script to the unfilmed 1976 Warhead it would maybe be a candidate for a fan fiction movie tie-in.

I don't know how much is known about the early Bond 17 script (Daltons third movie) that are being called Property of a lady, but maybe it could be a great fan-fiction-almost-movie-tie-in...kind of...what you think?

#4 Solex Agitator

Solex Agitator

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:40 AM

Thank you most kindly for your reply, Mr Twilight. I was beginning to feel a bit like Tom Cruise in EYES WIDE SHUT - alone in the center circle awaiting judgement by the masked!

#5 Mr Twilight

Mr Twilight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:31 AM

Ok, maybe not. Bad idea?