27 replies to this topic

#1 Stephen Spotswood

Stephen Spotswood

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:30 PM

I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning, but when I remembered how Timothy Dalton looks in a mustache, a thought popped into my head.

How would TD do if he starred in a hypothetical Dr. Strange movie?

Edited by Stephen Spotswood, 09 July 2007 - 02:30 PM.

#2 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:56 PM

He would have been perfect for it twenty years ago. He's too old for the role now, though, of course.

#3 Dr.Mirakle32

Dr.Mirakle32

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:20 AM

He would have been perfect for it twenty years ago. He's too old for the role now, though, of course.

That's [censored]! Dalton looks terrific for his age, and is in great shape as seen in HOT FUZZ. Plus, last time I checked, Dr. Stange wasn't a twentysomething year old athlete.

#4 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 06:18 AM

I agree he would have been perfect for Dr Strange and I posted so a few times but while he was in his 40's or early 50s. He does look marvelous now at 62 but too old to start a DS franchise I also thought Brosnan would have been good back in the day-although I prefer Dalton's wolfish face and stronger accent.Dalton would have been a brilliant choice for Dr Strange,absolutely(I loved the comic book back in the day). :cooltongue:

#5 RazorBlade

RazorBlade

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:51 AM

Doctor Strange it is! I think the character would work better as an older man.

#6 Stephen Spotswood

Stephen Spotswood

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:45 PM

Timothy Dalton for Dumbledore!

#7 Lady Rose

Lady Rose

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 384 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:18 PM

Timothy Dalton for Dumbledore!

He looks to young to be Dumbledore.

He would be great in a Harry Potter movie though.I'm sure there's a role for him in there somewhere - they just about have every other British actor in them!

I've never read the books so I have no idea about other characters, but I could just imagine him as a Malfoy.

#8 Mac

Mac

Cadet

• Crew
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:55 PM

I've always thought Inspector Alan Banks from Peter Robinson's series of crime novels would have made a good vehicle for Dalton.

#9 Mr. Somerset

Mr. Somerset

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 06:55 PM

I think Tim would make an excellent Dr. Strange. Although I agree his look, say, in The Rocketeer, would've been the right age. Still, if he were cast today, I'd go see it opening day.

#10 the_tangier

the_tangier

Cadet

• Crew
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 07:24 PM

This may be off topic but it is a casting suggestion however. I hope that I am not the only one who thinks that TD would be great in a Harry Potter movie?

#11 Stephen Spotswood

Stephen Spotswood

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:36 PM

Timothy Dalton in a new series of Dr. Who movies?

I always liked the older guys like John Pertwee and particularly William Hartnell.

They haven't made any Dr. Who movies since two starring Peter Cushing from around 1966.

#12 Milovy

Milovy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:56 PM

Actually, I loathe the Harry Potter movies and think it would be a badge of honor if Dalton were among the few British actors never to appear in one. :-)

#13 the_tangier

the_tangier

Cadet

• Crew
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:53 AM

Cool pic...

http://www.peggster........d=51&phid=6

#14 Stephen Spotswood

Stephen Spotswood

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 02:16 PM

I've also wanted to see Timothy Dalton as Count Dracula. His look in LTK certainly made him look the part; he spoke with a passable Romanian accent in The Beautician and the Beast. His whole Stalin look would be appropriate for the count. Dalton's not afraid to approach parts others have played. Lastly, Dalton acting so much with his eyes would be appropriate for a character with hypnotic eyes.

http://images.google...2004-25,GGLD:en

http://www.geocities...90R/BEAST_3.JPG

#15 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 02:36 PM

I've also wanted to see Timothy Dalton as Count Dracula.

I think he might be rather wonderful in the role.

#16 Mr. Somerset

Mr. Somerset

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:46 AM

I've also wanted to see Timothy Dalton as Count Dracula.

I think he might be rather wonderful in the role.

Yes. Tim would make a great Count Dracula. I think if he ever played the role a mustache would work for him as it did for Carradine, Oldman, and Lee.

#17 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 12:26 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No moustaches please!! He would look ridiculous like a fake villain from a 1920's movie. Or Hitler, both of which would be diabolical with a capital diar!!

Of course he should have a moustache. The character in the book had one. Dalton always does better in moustachioed roles, anyway.

Like a lot of people I think he was the best thing in HOT FUZZ.

Where he had a moustache! :cooltongue:

#18 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:01 PM

Joel Silver and Euan Lloyd present
A Silver Pictures Production
a James McTeigue film

THE WILD GEESE III: THE HUNT FOR OSAMA

starring

JUDE LAW as Emile Janders
EWAN McGREGOR as Carney
KEIRA KNIGHTLY as Rose
COLIN SALMON as MacLaglen
ART MALIK as Ramshah Khan
CAROLINE MUNRO as Fellictima
with
TIMOTHY DALTON as Col. Allen Faulkner

ROGER MOORE as Lt Shawn Flynn

and

MICHAEL CAINE as Col. Parmer

Production Notes

Our heros from South Africa and Germany are back, this time on the hunt for the most wanted man in the world and to rescue UNICEF hostages held in moutainous Afganistan.

After the stunning successes of the globally popular Wild Geese franchise, producer Euan Lloyd announced at Cannes that he has once again assembled the cream of British acting talent for the third film in the popular mercenary franchise. "We have Jude playing Richard Harris' son from the first film so this is a direct link - and a lot closer to the spirit of the original novel. And Timothy Dalton steps into Richard Burton's shoes to play Faulkner who assembles the crack team. Timothy was a natural successor to Burton and represents the finest Wales has to offer. We also have a few cameos from some old friends. I was pleased to capture the spirit of the original film by having Roger back. Roger filmed for one day and donated his fee to UNICEF." Commenting on the relevance of the franchise, Lloyd opined "Nowaways, we need the Wild Geese more than ever."

International Sales now available.

#19 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:25 PM

Joel Silver and Euan Lloyd present
A Silver Pictures Production
a James McTeigue film

THE WILD GEESE III: THE HUNT FOR OSAMA

starring

JUDE LAW as Emile Janders
EWAN McGREGOR as Carney
KEIRA KNIGHTLY as Rose
COLIN SALMON as MacLaglen
ART MALIK as Ramshah Khan
CAROLINE MUNRO as Fellictima
with
TIMOTHY DALTON as Col. Allen Faulkner

ROGER MOORE as Lt Shawn Flynn

and

MICHAEL CAINE as Col. Parmer

Production Notes

Our heros from South Africa and Germany are back, this time on the hunt for the most wanted man in the world and to rescue UNICEF hostages held in moutainous Afganistan.

After the stunning successes of the globally popular Wild Geese franchise, producer Euan Lloyd announced at Cannes that he has once again assembled the cream of British acting talent for the third film in the popular mercenary franchise. "We have Jude playing Richard Harris' son from the first film so this is a direct link - and a lot closer to the spirit of the original novel. And Timothy Dalton steps into Richard Burton's shoes to play Faulkner who assembles the crack team. Timothy was a natural successor to Burton and represents the finest Wales has to offer. We also have a few cameos from some old friends. I was pleased to capture the spirit of the original film by having Roger back. Roger filmed for one day and donated his fee to UNICEF." Commenting on the relevance of the franchise, Lloyd opined "Nowaways, we need the Wild Geese more than ever."

International Sales now available.

Now, there's a cast to die for. Caroline Munro of the fabulous eyes and Timothy Dalton together? I'm prepared to pitch my tent to get an advance ticket. Just tell me when and where.

#20 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:33 PM

It's about time for a remake of The Anderson Tapes. So many hi-tech changes since the original came out. And a less down-beat ending this time would be a welcome change.
Tim in cool cat, tough guy mode. He's still in great shape and could pull the thing off.

#21 ACE

ACE

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4543 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:34 PM

WILD GEESE 3.0: HUNT FOR OSAMA update

PROJECTED WORLWIDE RELEASE 7th November 2008

Roger Moore, from the Atlas Studios set of WG3: "Well, Euan rounded up every British actor not working on the Harry Potters and here we are. Micheal and Timothy and I are having great fun with the youngsters and I'm delighted that my son, Geoffrey and my daughter, Deborah, will also be in the picture."

Timothy Dalton: "It's a strong, powerful, Ter.Rif.Fic. piece. I'm pleased to be a part of it. I read the original novel and saw the first two pictures and felt that I wanted my Faulkner to get back to the tough, no-nonce-sense, professional soldier of the original. Mr Lloyd agreed with me and I, we, think this film is a leap in the right and good direction of the Wild Geese heritage. No, I wasn't intimidated to step into Richard Burton's shoes - I've stepped in Sean Connery and Clark Gable's before this! The work feels good. And right. We have a solid, intriguing, wondefully moving and entertaining script by the writers of Dog Soldiers and Severance. And Mr Lloyd is a showman of the old school. So, I'm pleased to be part of this extraordinary ensemble cast and contemporary story."

Michael Caine: "Well Rog called me up and said it would be fun. I said, 'How much?' 'e said 'alf a mil each, spread over two tax years. He gave his to UNICEF but I needed another swimming pool so I said, 'I'm in but only for 4 days, mind'. And 'ere I am swatting flies in exactly the same place as I did wiv Sean on the 'ooston picture. 'Except I'm wiv Rog and the serious one, Tim."

#22 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 02:37 PM

WILD GEESE 3.0: HUNT FOR OSAMA update

PROJECTED WORLWIDE RELEASE 7th November 2008

Roger Moore, from the Atlas Studios set of WG3: "Well, Euan rounded up every British actor not working on the Harry Potters and here we are. Micheal and Timothy and I are having great fun with the youngsters and I'm delighted that my son, Geoffrey and my daughter will also be in the picture."

Timothy Dalton: "It's a strong, powerful, Ter.Rif.Fic. piece. I'm pleased to be a part of it. I read the original novel and saw the first two pictures and felt that I wanted my Faulkner to get back to the tough, no-nonce-sense, professional soldier of the original. Mr Lloyd agreed with me and I, we, think this film is a leap in the right and good direction of the Wild Geese heritage. No, I wasn't intimidated to step into Richard Burton's shoes - I've stepped in Sean Connery and Clark Gable's before this! The work feels good. And right. We have solid, intriguing, wondefully moving and entertaining script by the writers of Dog Soldiers and Severance. And Mr Lloyd is a showman of the old school. So, I'm pleased to be part of this extraordinary ensemble cast and contemporary story."

God, Ace, this is getting hotter and hotter! When is filming set to start? Updates--keep them coming!

#23 byline

byline

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:28 PM

Michael Caine: "Well Rog called me up and said it would be fun. I said, 'How much?' 'e said 'alf a mil each, spread over two tax years. He gave his to UNICEF but I needed another swimming pool so I said, 'I'm in but only for 4 days, mind'. And 'ere I am swatting flies in exactly the same place as I did wiv Sean on the 'ooston picture. 'Except I'm wiv Rog and the serious one, Tim."

Priceless. Thanks for the much-needed laugh this morning! :cooltongue:

#24 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:37 PM

I'd pay good money to see that! :angry: :cooltongue:

#25 Milovy

Milovy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 01:25 AM

Never doubt the power of Timothy's 'tache.

#26 Stephen Spotswood

Stephen Spotswood

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:52 PM

Timothy Dalton with a cookie tickler.

http://www.geocities...wYorker_Eng.htm

Hope this works.

#27 WC

WC

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1415 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:16 PM

Dalton (when he was in TLD) would have made an even better Tony Stark in Iron Man rather than Robert Downey Jr. He certainly would have had the aristocratic look for it, the brooding and the intelligence to pull off the role. I think that would've been more suitable than Dr Strange, since he would've given Stark a Bondian quality as well as inventor extraordinaire.

#28 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:12 PM

Dr.Strange would be perfect now as the character of Dr.Strange is an older character in about his mid 50's and Dalton could still pull that age off.