This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Are the Gamecube versions missing anything important?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Shufflefield

Shufflefield

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:44 PM

Well, I am thinking of giving all the games released for the cube a go since I have been rediscovering it recently and I can pick up all 5 for a song. I just want to know, which are the best out of the EA outings for the GC/PS2/Xbox and am I going to miss anything vital by playing the Gamecube versions?

#2 Bucky

Bucky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:01 PM

my favorites are everything or nothing and nightfire. i dont think the gamecube versions are different except for the lack of online play (not sure if they had online on the xbox versions) and the graphics may not be as polished as the xbox versions.

#3 Shufflefield

Shufflefield

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 05:10 PM

I grabbed both EoN and FRWL last night used. Sadly the EoN disk was badly scratched and would keep locking up during the training mission, or if I got past that the 2nd mission. Did it on both the Wii and GC. I was able to get another disk this afternoon though, so we will see how it works out.

EoN on the cube supports widescreen and progressive scan, that was a nice bonus. Oddly FRWL does not, and it is newer. Oh well. The first level of FRWL was pretty cool though. I had a big grin on my face playing through it.

Not a bad bit of entertainment for 25 bucks (10 for EoN and 15 for the other).