82 replies to this topic

#61 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:23 AM

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) -> Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (May 22, 2008)

Batman (1989) -> The Dark Knight (July 18, 2008)

Licence to Kill (1989) -> Bond 22 (November 7, 2008)

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier -> Star Trek (December 25, 2008)

2012 is shaping up to be another phenomenal year for sequels to awesome 1989 flicks:

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (1989) -> Star Trek 2.0 (June 29, 2012)

Batman (1989) -> The Dark Knight Rises (July 20, 2012)

Licence to Kill (1989) -> Bond 23 (November 2012)

Ghostbusters II (1989) -> Ghostbusters III (Christmas 2012)

#62 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:58 AM

Don't hold your breath

#63 sthgilyadgnivileht

sthgilyadgnivileht

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1854 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:12 PM

Well I'm not holding my breath for 23 in Nov 2012 until we get some Eon confirmation. Looking forward to the Dark Knight rises though.

#64 Doctor Whom

Doctor Whom

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:52 AM

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) -> Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (May 22, 2008)

Batman (1989) -> The Dark Knight (July 18, 2008)

Licence to Kill (1989) -> Bond 22 (November 7, 2008)

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier -> Star Trek (December 25, 2008)

2012 is shaping up to be another phenomenal year for sequels to awesome 1989 flicks:

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (1989) -> Star Trek 2.0 (June 29, 2012)

Batman (1989) -> The Dark Knight Rises (July 20, 2012)

Licence to Kill (1989) -> Bond 23 (November 2012)

Ghostbusters II (1989) -> Ghostbusters III (Christmas 2012)

While I would be happy to be proven wrong, I doubt we'll see Bond 23 in 2012. I think 2013 is more likely. And although I'd love to see Craig continue in the part, I also tend to think that when Bond returns, it will be with a new leading man.

#65 MrKidd

MrKidd

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 328 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:47 PM

That's some list to look forward to - with or without Bond 23. Out of them all I'd have to say I'd be looking forward to star trek the most. I'm no trekky, think I stopped watching the movies after search for spock, but really dug the reboot. Chris Pine owned that movie! And I love the Shat so kudos to the man!

#66 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:17 PM

While I would be happy to be proven wrong, I doubt we'll see Bond 23 in 2012. I think 2013 is more likely. And although I'd love to see Craig continue in the part, I also tend to think that when Bond returns, it will be with a new leading man.

Yes you're right. You'll be proven wrong.

#67 Achille Aubergine

Achille Aubergine

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:42 PM

Yes you're right. You'll be proven wrong.

Maybe you could propose a little argumentation, after a so definitive statement, sir ? Just in case the future will prove you were wrong ?
When you'll reach my age maybe (just maybe) you'll be less so sure about yourself and what the life can do for upset your projects...
So ! Let's read you now !

#68 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:50 PM

I'm not entirely sure what you even mean.

Assuming the MGM saga reaches a point where Bond is on properly (and it's not really been off that much anyway - in terms of development) Eon HQ will want a 2012 release. The eyes of the world will be on Bond's home town via the Olympics and the prequel to FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE is fifty years old. Eon will want to mark that, trust me.

And the Bond management like Daniel Craig. He is their choice, their project, their friend and their star of such imminent high profile releases as COWBOY VS ALIENS and THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATOO. If you are as wordly wise as you tout you will know that both Dalton and Brosnan did not have such box office headlining in their Bond breaks. Also, the series doesn't need to start again with a new actor - mid stream with a Quantum thread in full flow and a momentum of public awareness you cannot buy.

#69 Achille Aubergine

Achille Aubergine

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:55 PM

I'm not entirely sure what you even mean.

Assuming the MGM saga reaches a point where Bond is on properly (and it's not really been off that much anyway - in terms of development) Eon HQ will want a 2012 release. The eyes of the world will be on Bond's home town via the Olympics and the prequel to FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE is fifty years old. Eon will want to mark that, trust me.

And the Bond management like Daniel Craig. He is their choice, their project, their friend and their star of such imminent high profile releases as COWBOY VS ALIENS and THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATOO. If you are as wordly wise as you tout you will know that both Dalton and Brosnan did not have such box office headlining in their Bond breaks. Also, the series doesn't need to start again with a new actor - mid stream with a Quantum thread in full flow and a momentum of public awareness you cannot buy.

Thanks for your time.
So, like Dr Whom (and ourselves) you could just speculate about what it could be.

#70 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:02 PM

About what could be?

#71 The sniper was a woman

The sniper was a woman

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:59 PM

You can't prove EON will bring back to us James Bond in 2012. You can just speculate about it. That's all. And you think your hope will become true. Maybe, maybe not. That's simple to understand.
I think it could be happened in 2012 too. But I'm not so definitive like you either about it.

#72 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:30 PM

You can't prove EON will bring back to us James Bond in 2012.

No of course I can't. And neither can they. But I can safely assume what they want and what they are working towards already.

#73 Messervy

Messervy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:46 PM

You can't prove EON will bring back to us James Bond in 2012. You can just speculate about it. That's all. And you think your hope will become true. Maybe, maybe not. That's simple to understand.

Well, you cannot prove either that the sun will set in 2012, that would be just you speculating about the possibility.
What's the point of stating the obvious?

#74 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:45 PM

James Bond will return in 2012. I'm convinced.

#75 The sniper was a woman

The sniper was a woman

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:57 PM

Well, you cannot prove either that the sun will set in 2012, that would be just you speculating about the possibility.

The point is you can think something without being arrogant. Period. Zorin Industries had this tendancy about the return of 007. I'm new here and I can feel it.

Edited by The sniper was a woman, 09 December 2010 - 05:57 PM.

#76 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:31 AM

James Bond will return in 2012. I'm convinced.

Yep, if Zorin is convinced then I'm convinced :)

#77 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:32 AM

I'm always curious as to why sense and a bit of perspective through the prism of reality is mis-read as being arrogant. Anyway. It's not that important.

#78 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:38 AM

And if all of the above together with the Grand Llama are convinced, then I too am convinced.

Righty, start a Countdown clock for us.

#79 sthgilyadgnivileht

sthgilyadgnivileht

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1854 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:27 PM

I'm always curious as to why sense and a bit of perspective through the prism of reality is mis-read as being arrogant. Anyway. It's not that important.

I agree, it's not that important in the grand scheme of things. However, if arrogance is a heightened sense of one's own importance I didn't see any of it in this thread.

#80 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:15 AM

And if all of the above together with the Grand Llama are convinced, then I too am convinced.

Righty, start a Countdown clock for us.

You're a douchebag. :)

EDIT: He continually mocks me and I'm the one that gets the -1's? :rolleyes:

#81 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:16 AM

I did not vote you down (not really a fan of the rating system to be honest), nor do I really think the poster's "beef" with you, if it exists, is really justified, but I think if you had posted something with a tad more wit than "you're a douchebag", you might have fared better with the jury.

At any rate you still seem to have a rating of +48 so I don't think you need to worry too much!

#82 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:46 PM

Oh poppet. Please have a sense of humour.

It is very mild and there is nary a strong word to cause such vehement retaliation, especially from someone with stripes whose standard we are all supposed to be following as the Guiding Light and Leading Example on these here boards.

From the very bottom of my heart, I sincerely apologise if I have caused you indignance and indigestion.

Now, give me a Countdown clock.

#83 byline

byline

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:33 PM

The point is you can think something without being arrogant. Period. Zorin Industries had this tendancy about the return of 007. I'm new here and I can feel it.

How can you know a tendency if you're new here? I have no issues with you being new; we were all new here at some point. But it seems to me you'd need to be around a while to observe and get a reasonable sense of what a poster's tendencies are.