#1 Keir

Keir

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 205 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 01:55 PM

http://bp1.blogger.c...snap-173703.png
According to IMDB, "when Bond is trying to save Vesper from the cage underwater, in one shot the impression of an outline of a diving mask on her "underwater makeup" is clearly visible on her forehead."
I can't see anything on her forehead, but in this shot if you doubleclick the picture it appears to show a line leading from her ear to her nose. Has anyone been more successful at spotting such 'goofs'?

#2 byline

byline

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:25 PM

http://bp1.blogger.c...snap-173703.png
According to IMDB, "when Bond is trying to save Vesper from the cage underwater, in one shot the impression of an outline of a diving mask on her "underwater makeup" is clearly visible on her forehead."
I can't see anything on her forehead, but in this shot if you doubleclick the picture it appears to show a line leading from her ear to her nose. Has anyone been more successful at spotting such 'goofs'?

I remember seeing that line in the theatre and wondering why such a young woman already had such a pronounced worry line on her forehead, LOL! If you look closely, the scuba mask's indentation is even more visible running along her cheekbone.

Edited by Mister Asterix, 18 June 2007 - 06:07 PM.

#3 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:38 PM

[mra]The line is there, but certainly much less noticeable than a stunt double would have been. I

#4 byline

byline

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:50 PM

[quote name='Mister Asterix' post='747849' date='18 June 2007 - 10:38'][mra]The line is there, but certainly much less noticeable than a stunt double would have been. I

#5 doublenoughtspy

doublenoughtspy

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4122 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 06:01 PM

Bad continuity is bad continuity.

But still, I too give her credit for getting under the water, unlike Carol Bouqet from FYEO who wouldn't get in the water so they had to use fans and bubble screens.

#6 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 06:08 PM

[quote name='Mister Asterix' post='747849' date='18 June 2007 - 10:38'][mra]The line is there, but certainly much less noticeable than a stunt double would have been. I

#7 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 06:40 PM

The line is there, but certainly much less noticeable than a stunt double would have been. I'm going to give the film team this one. That sequence was terrifying enough for Ms Green; if she needed a diving mask between takes to film it I can't fault her.

Amen! I concur 100% :cooltongue:

#8 byline

byline

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:40 PM

I guess IMO, it just wasn't all that noticeable. You really had to look for it, and even then, it's not a glaring error. I think that given all Eva Green had to go through to do that scene, a very slight line on her face in one shot is not a biggie.

But still, I too give her credit for getting under the water, unlike Carol Bouqet from FYEO who wouldn't get in the water so they had to use fans and bubble screens.

Actually, I think Carole Bouquet was willing to get in the water (as evidenced by her scenes filmed on the surface); she just wouldn't get under it. And this is another situation where I'll give the visual team major props. Neither my husband nor I had any idea that these scenes were not filmed underwater when we saw the film in the theatre all those years ago. At the time, we just assumed they filmed in extraordinarily clear water.

Edited by byline, 18 June 2007 - 11:44 PM.

#9 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:58 PM

I don't consider this one to be a continuity issue. On of those would be more like on the sailboat before they get to Venice where Bond's watch goes from the Plant Ocean to the Seamaster as he is typing his resignation letter. The mask line is more of a reality issue. If I was stuck in a cage underwater, I might push the mask a little hard against my face to get some air. :cooltongue:

I do agree that at least she was there doing her own scenes.

#10 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:57 AM

There's nothing worse than fanboys feeling superior because they noticed some technicalty in a movie.

Repeat yourself, it's only a movie, it's only a movie, it's only a movie...

#11 doublenoughtspy

doublenoughtspy

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4122 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:30 PM

There's nothing worse than fanboys feeling superior because they noticed some technicalty in a movie.

Actually fanboys claiming superiority over other fanboys because they don't care about things they don't see as important is much worse.

#12 byline

byline

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:48 PM

Nonsense!!!! If she needed a diving mask then she's a wuss.

Not a wuss; just a normal person being asked to do something pretty unusual. I think most of us, even knowing we were in a safe situation, would have to struggle to keep our nerves in check doing fairly long takes underwater, and she had to breathe with something. It's possible that a mouthpiece would've left more evidence of its presence than a diving mask by stretching and distorting the skin on her mouth.

Edited by byline, 19 June 2007 - 12:50 PM.

#13 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 02:26 PM

With respect, without a diving mask, unless Ms. Green is massively myopic (if she is, then the water would act like spectacles to some extent), she would be hard pressed to see her marks between takes.

#14 byline

byline

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 05:01 PM

With respect, without a diving mask, unless Ms. Green is massively myopic (if she is, then the water would act like spectacles to some extent), she would be hard pressed to see her marks between takes.

Good point. So, not a wuss, just a professional.

#15 hugo

hugo

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:28 PM

Good point. So, not a wuss, just a professional.

Nahhh, she's a wuss, can't hold her breath or keep her eyes open underwater.

I am saying with tongue in cheek so don't jump on me!

#16 byline

byline

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:22 PM

I am saying with tongue in cheek so don't jump on me!

OK, LOL!

#17 lois lane

lois lane

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:54 PM

I am poud to say that when I swim underwater I do not need goggles, or a mask and I can not only open my eyes I can actually see out of them also! Secondly, I can hold my breath for about 30 seconds only, not that that has anything to do with anything.

However, yes, I would also wear a mask to protect my make-up if necessary but my make up does tend to be waterproof when I am swimming, I don't wish to look like Morticia Adams.

#18 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:40 PM

With respect, without a diving mask, unless Ms. Green is massively myopic

Yes, She is. According to EvaGreenWeb.com

#19 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:08 PM

With respect, without a diving mask, unless Ms. Green is massively myopic

Yes, She is. According to EvaGreenWeb.com

Interesting... prior to some corrective surgery in 1999, I was massively myopic so I could see very well underwater. I would presume that would be the case with Ms. Green... :cooltongue:

#20 erniecureo

erniecureo

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 379 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:58 PM

The marks are not from a mask...it's a well documented fact that the high acidity of the water in Venetian canals creates a "puckering" effect around a person's upper facial area. Everybody knows this already--I'm surprised at all of you.

#21 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:30 AM

I thought much of that scene used some Eva Greenscreen. :cooltongue:

Hey. Maybe that's why Daniel's bulge is so dominant in the 'coming out of the water' scene. He has an aqualung installed down there. lol