13 replies to this topic

#1 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 04:11 PM

CommanderBond.net has uncovered spy photographs of the Aston Martin 2004 (also known as the "AM305"). The car is underneath heavy body panelling to disguise it from the press, however from what we can see it looks like Aston Martin have taken on a standard shape for their cars, this "2004" is very similar in style to the "Vanquish" and "DB7" models currently in the British sports car company's range.

It is thought that when released it will rival the German made "Porsche GT3", among many other exotic sports cars. From a press release already given out by Eon productions and Aston Martin; we know that Bond will be driving Aston's in the next few films. However what we have not been told is which models - we known that Bond will be behind the wheel of a "Vanquish" in Die Another Day, but, its not known whether he'll keep it for Bond 21, or if by then he will be driving a "DB7" or perhaps this "2004" model.

The only way to find out will be to wait and see what the future of 007 has in store for us.

#2 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 04:12 PM

#3 White Knight

White Knight

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 04:57 PM

I posted this news a while ago in the MI6 007 Forums :)

http://www.mi6archiv...2-aston2004.jpg

#4 Tim007

Tim007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4821 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 05:03 PM

Well, be happy you did. :) Any complaints to Mr* please :)

#5 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 05:05 PM

White Knight, ive not seen you around here in a while. Cool, i looked around but couldn't find it on any other Bond sites, If MI6 had it in their main headlines i would have spotted it their and given them credit. But, i was forwarded the pictures from another source.

Anways, good to know other people are interested in Aston too. :)

#6 White Knight

White Knight

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 06:09 PM

Oh, no. I'm not complaining. I was just happy to see some news that I found make it up befor Commanderbond.net

I'm sure your article has a bit more info, and instead of a drawing, there is an actual picture. :)

#7 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 09:12 PM

Very good news there. I'm an Aston fan myself, and to have a different model in future films that Aston is signed for would be a good idea, I think. Great pitures, also.:)

#8 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 09:23 PM

The rear lights (although likely to change) remind me alot of the Lamborghini Murcielago, in fact the whole car (excluding the very front) does. Its been tipped as the "entry level" Aston Martin too, which if Aston really want to get serious promotional value from Bond, means it will be much cheaper.

With the Vanquish (300 or so made per year), it wont affect sales at all, but if the 2004 is to be mass produced (ala the DB7), and much cheaper then i think they have one hell of a promotional campaign going for them. :)

#9 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 10:54 PM

Here's another report on it;

[box]When Aston Martin signed to have the Aston Martin V12 Vanquish in Die Another Day they signed a three-film contract, so you can expect to see an Aston Martin in Bond 21 and Bond 22.

Well it seems we may have just gotten our first glimpse of Bond 21

#10 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 10:55 PM

It's not a great looking car at the moment, reminds me more of somethign Toyota would do than Aston Martin. But I'll be happy when the release another conceptual modle based on the DB4! Now THAT promises to be a great car :)

#11 Dalton

Dalton

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 07 August 2002 - 12:55 PM

Nice machine. It'll look good if it is in B21.

I'm not against Bond changing his car every couple of yeats, but personally i'd like to think that the Vanquish will stick around for B21 (if he doesn't trash it!), and introduce a new model in B22.

#12 1q2w3e4r

1q2w3e4r

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 07 August 2002 - 01:11 PM

I am against Aston Martin calling this new model, which is essentially a "baby" Aston a DB5. This car is being aimed as is Bentley's mid sized coupe at taking away sales from Porsche, BMW and Merc.

Apart from cashing in on the origional's name, I'm sure they can come up with something different.

And Ian Culliam should be designing it i think, (he did the XKR, DB7 and the Vanquish, and for anyone in Oz, a heap of HSV's up until the VX).

So I doubt the styling will look anything like the test car, and anyone in Australia who likes cars should know that Motor and Wheels reported this news of the new model with these pics about 5-6 months ago :)

Oh, and im against Bond driving it. Simply because he always drives "flagship models" (The Z3 was the flagship roadster at the time) the Bentley, DB5, DBS, Lotus, Voltane, 750i (really the 735) and Z8 are all flagship models from each company

#13 WarBird

WarBird

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 370 posts

Posted 08 August 2002 - 12:10 AM

I think it's a cool car and all, but I liked the style of the other previous Bond cars. O'well its changing with the times.

#14 JLMuench

JLMuench

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 01:56 PM

http://www.motortren...01/aston/1.html

http://www.astonmartins.org/future.htm

http://omanaccess.ne...e/newmodels.asp
Here are a few things!!