#1 Ry

Ry

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 06:34 PM

Now on the CBn main page...

'On Her Majesty's Secret Service' and 'The Man With The Golden Gun' screenings in June 2007

It look as if On Her Majesty's Secret Service and The Man With the Golden Gun will be playing at the revival house, New Beverly Cinema, on June 24th, 25th and 26th in Los Angeles, CA. The times for the shows are listed below. I'm sure I'll have to revive this thread when the screening gets closer. I am especially excited to see TMWTGG as it doesn't play very often on the big screen. I hope some of the LA CBNers can make it.

June 24th

On Her Majesty's Secret Service: 2:25 and 7:30 pm

The Man With the Golden Gun: 5:05 and 10:10 pm

June 25th

On Her Majesty's Secret Service: 7:30 pm

The Man With the Golden Gun: 10:10 pm

June 26th

#2 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 05:28 PM

WEB-SITE: http://www.newbevcinema.com

SWEET! I've not seen The Man with the Golden Gun on the big screen yet. When are you going to go, Ry? I'm thinking Sun June 24th @ 5:05pm looks best for me.

#3 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 05:45 PM

Cool! I'm in for TMWTGG.

#4 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:15 PM

'On Her Majesty's Secret Service' and 'The Man With The Golden Gun' screenings in June 2007

#5 Ry

Ry

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:33 PM

I'll certainly be going to this on the Sunday I believe. I've seen On Her Majesty'd more then once, but certainly am interesting in Golden Gun.

#6 Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 293 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:55 PM

Sunday is looking good for me.

Neil

#7 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:46 PM

It look as if On Her Majesty's Secret Service and The Man With the Golden Gun will be playing at the revival house, New Beverly Cinema, on June 24th, 25th and 26th in Los Angeles, CA. The times for the shows are listed below. I'm sure I'll have to revive this thread when the screening gets closer. I am especially excited to see TMWTGG as it doesn't play very often on the big screen. I hope some of the LA CBNers can make it.

June 24th

On Her Majesty's Secret Service: 2:25 and 7:30 pm

The Man With the Golden Gun: 5:05 and 10:10 pm

June 25th

June 26th

Wow. OHMSS/TMWTGG would make an interesting double feature. I'd love to see those Bonds together on screen.

#8 Problem Eliminator

Problem Eliminator

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:44 AM

I'll definitely be there :cooltongue: Exactly which days/showings TBD... possibly more than one of both...

#9 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:06 PM

Sunday works for me, but I'm also going to take in OHMSS before TMWTGG. 004 is up for it as well.

Any of the crew up for "shop talk" and drinks after?

C'mon...John and Matt at a Bond double feature and then off to a bar...

What could possibly go wr---...

I've really got to stop saying that.

No....

Really.

:cooltongue:

#10 Head of S

Head of S

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:03 PM

What a great double-bill. Maybe the reference to OHMSS in TMWTGG will seem more obvious when watching them one after the other.

#11 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:36 PM

Looks like a group of us are going to TMWTGG on Sunday at 5:00 (ALL LA-based CBners welcome). There is a small chance that I will not make it as I'm caught up in a project with a tight deadline, but I expect to be there.

#12 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:45 PM

It's looking less likely that I'll be making either screening as I'm going out of town and flying out on Monday. We'll see though.

#13 Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 293 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:21 AM

Both prints were fantastic.

I found On Her Majesty's Secret Service as entertaining as always. I wasn't totally blown away by it this time, but I know it so well, maybe that has something to do with it.

The Man With The Golden Gun has never been a favorite (more of a least favorite) and this screening made me hate it even more. It's just a repulsive movie. This screening made me realize what a mean-spirited and small scale movie this really is and I doubt I'll ever watch it again.

Oh, and the popcorn was good.

Neil

#14 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 12:37 PM

I envy you folks the opportunity to see TMWTGG on the big screen. And OHMSS must be a fantastic cinema experience, for very different reasons, obviously. I've never seen these films on the big screen, but what a wonderful double bill!

#15 Solex Agitator

Solex Agitator

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:10 AM

I was able to catch the final screening of TMWTGG tonight. It was great to see this one on the BIG screen again! A very different experience from home viewing to say the least.

One thing that really caught my eye was the use of color. Particularly in the wardrobe choices.

The use and non-use of music, too, had a greater impact. A fine expample of this is Maude Adams coming into Bond's room at night whilst Britt is in the closet. Their dialogue exchange sans music really stood out in the theatre and made me like this scene even more. And then, of course, Barry kicks in and the robe drops.

There was a smallish audience of 25 people or so but they seemed to enjoy the picture and laugh appropriately at the ridiculousness.

All in all a great night for this Bond fan.

#16 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:23 PM

Would loved to have been there. :cooltongue:

#17 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:26 PM

I wasn't able to make TMWTGG as planned. Unfortunately, as I could have added another 007 film to the Big Screen list. :cooltongue:

#18 007Travis

007Travis

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:20 PM

I wish I could have been there too. Nothing exciting happens in Florida. :cooltongue:

#19 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 05:12 AM

What a great double-bill. Maybe the reference to OHMSS in TMWTGG will seem more obvious when watching them one after the other.

I know this is a little late to ask but what reference is there to OHMSS in TMWTGG? The only one I know of is the TMWTGG "Villains" poster where they directly reference Telly Savalas' Blofeld and his OHMSS scheme.

#20 Agent Leiter

Agent Leiter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:59 AM

I know this is a little late to ask but what reference is there to OHMSS in TMWTGG? The only one I know of is the TMWTGG "Villains" poster where they directly reference Telly Savalas' Blofeld and his OHMSS scheme.

I must confess I'm a bit lost on this one myself!