10 replies to this topic

#1 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:46 PM

Since I asked the question in the Gardner sub forum I'm wanting to see a reprint of this work also. The main reason why is because it's as scarse as the elder Fleming paperbacks of the mid to late 1960's.

#2 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 07:59 PM

Just as unlikely as seeing the Gardner novels reprinted I'd say. Thankfully, one can usually find several copies available on eBay.

#3 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:48 PM

Oh I don't know.. I think it stands a better chance than any of Gardner's. I'd say we're about a due for a reprint.

#4 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 08:11 AM

I don't see it happening any time soon, if at all. The book is criminally silenced due to the slim availability.

#5 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 05:02 PM

I finally came across a copy and bought it for the not unreasonable sum of £2. Mind you it cost 50p originally!

#6 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 02:14 AM

This novel is crying out for the Richie Fahey/Roseanne Serra treatment. I proudly include Colonel Sun in the Fleming timeline, and I'd love it to match these other great Fleming covers.

#7 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 03:59 AM

This novel is crying out for the Richie Fahey/Roseanne Serra treatment. I proudly include Colonel Sun in the Fleming timeline, and I'd love it to match these other great Fleming covers.

I remember wishing it would be included with the original 2004 reprints of The Man With The Golden Gun and Octopussy and The Living Daylights with the Fahey/Serra covers.

If only...

#8 [dark]

[dark]

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6239 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:30 AM

In the past few years, we've seen Fleming, Gardner, Pearson and Benson all get the reprint treatment. Anyone else truly hanging out to see Colonel Sun republished (hardback, please!) in the next little while?

#9 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:44 AM

I'd very much like a copy with the original Dali-esque cover.

#10 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:09 PM

In the past few years, we've seen Fleming, Gardner, Pearson and Benson all get the reprint treatment. Anyone else truly hanging out to see Colonel Sun republished (hardback, please!) in the next little while?

Definitely. It's a great pity that the continuation novel that's by far the best of the bunch is out of print.

#11 Glenn

Glenn

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:36 PM

Maybe if they used Kingsley Amis' name on the cover, instead of the Robert Markham pseudonym, then there would be more interest in the book. Just maybe.