18 replies to this topic

#1 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:40 PM

Found this apology from one of the founders of the Craig Not Bond website. It seems they may have changed their minds about Daniel Craig:-

"Before I ever saw this movie I couldn't believe they had chosen Daniel Craig to play Bond. (To me), no one could credibly follow Brosnan, who in my opinion was the best Bond closely followed by Sean Connery.

There were many things about which I was mad and I even refused to see it in the cinema but curiosity got the better of me and I watched it the other day.

This is my public apology to Daniel Craig for ever doubting that he would put everything into this bond. He was really good.
I guess it makes sense that he is a little different to how Bond is in the other movies because I suppose you could argue that this is what made Bond the person he was.

Sorry Daniel."

#2 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:49 PM

Summary : Idiot realizes he was an idiot.

#3 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:08 PM

And that cuts their ranks by half.

The cheese stands alone.

#4 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:29 PM

I have not come here to praise DCInB.com But I did happen to find this article from them somewhat interesting:

http://www.danielcra...i...07&newsid=7

#5 JLaidlaw

JLaidlaw

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:43 PM

If that's genuinely from a leading CNBer, it's not good enough. The quite frankly hideous comments made on that website could unstabilise any person mentally, and they were designed to. Anyone who goes through that much trouble (website costs, time etc.) to direct such poisonous invective against one man whom they have never had any contact with is not just idiotic but deeply disturbed. So the fact that the founder of this organisation is able to be converted in a DVD watching of the film leaves me feeling cold as to what they'd do if they really really hated someone.

'I suppose you could argue that this is what made Bond the person he was.' Wasn't that whole reboot idea central in the criticisms used by the Craig-haters? Also 'no one could credibly follow Brosnan'? Wasn't that website screaming for Clive Owen to take over? Would we realistically have had a Jackmannotbond.com? Yes this person may now regret his actions, but there's little point in trying to cover up what he's done behind petty reasons; Something along the lines of "I'm Sorry. I was Wrong. There are no excuses." would have seemed much more a real apology. Yes, one more fool has come round, and he's had the gall to apologise, let's rejoice, but it doesn't make me feel any more kind towards that repellent group of people.

EDIT: 008, please tell me you don't agree with them when they say that face looks anything like Sean Connery? It looks more like Jack Ryan than James Bond to me. I also don't really believe the article, but I am probably being too sceptical. I shall google Professor Wise man and see what I come up with

Edited by JLaidlaw, 25 April 2007 - 11:51 PM.

#6 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:53 PM

I hope each and every negative comment that is made over at CnB spurs Daniel on for three more films after his first three. :angry:

It would serve those crazy, off the wall Bronsan worshiping prigs right if Daniel had the same stretch as Sir Sean. :cooltongue:

(Note: I mean no disrespect to Bronsan fans here whatsoever)

#7 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:58 PM

Daniel Craig has said in interviews that the negative comments did spur him on to make a great movie.

But I think that Daniel will do his 3 movies, and then move on. He will tired of playing 007 by then.

#8 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:58 PM

I have not come here to praise DCInB.com But I did happen to find this article from them somewhat interesting:

This is not their article. It's a copy and paste lift from the Telegraph.

#9 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:44 AM

This is not their article. It's a copy and paste lift from the Telegraph.

The people who made the image just took images from actors who were popular in the 1950s. They did not take any descriptions from Ian Fleming into thier composite.

Where did you find the original quote from the DCnB founder?

#10 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:15 AM

Found this apology from one of the founders of the Craig Not Bond website. It seems they may have changed their minds about Daniel Craig:-

"Before I ever saw this movie I couldn't believe they had chosen Daniel Craig to play Bond. (To me), no one could credibly follow Brosnan, who in my opinion was the best Bond closely followed by Sean Connery.

There were many things about which I was mad and I even refused to see it in the cinema but curiosity got the better of me and I watched it the other day.

This is my public apology to Daniel Craig for ever doubting that he would put everything into this bond. He was really good.
I guess it makes sense that he is a little different to how Bond is in the other movies because I suppose you could argue that this is what made Bond the person he was.

Sorry Daniel."

It takes a wise and mature man to admit when he's wrong. Glad he actually realized that Bond films were actually made prior to 1995.

Daniel Craig has said in interviews that the negative comments did spur him on to make a great movie.

Then good for CraignotBond. I hope they stay in business during his entire tenure and that every actor after Craig has "Fill in the blank name" notBond website to battle against if it will drive them to make better Bond films.

#11 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:30 AM

...every actor after Craig has "Fill in the blank name" notBond website to battle against if it will drive them to make better Bond films.

Yeah, good point. Actually, everyone who has played Bond has had their share of negative comments.

#12 triviachamp

triviachamp

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1400 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:57 AM

Yeah, good point. Actually, everyone who has played Bond has had their share of negative comments.

One would think that after 40 years and several cast changes that a new leading man is not a big deal. I guess not. :cooltongue:

#13 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:01 AM

One would think that after 40 years and several cast changes that a new leading man is not a big deal. I guess not.

Well, I always get nervous in between actors, but so far they have always picked the right man, as far as I'm concerned.

#14 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:08 AM

One would think that after 40 years and several cast changes that a new leading man is not a big deal. I guess not. :cooltongue:

That's because I have this funny feeling that the CraigNotBond folks have never realized that Bond films were made before 1995 and shockingly enough, none of these featured Brosnan as Bond! Even more shocking, all pre-Brosnan films were box office hits that provided EON/MGM/UA with a nice profit(even the Lazenby and Dalton Bond films). But make sure you don't ever tell the CraigNotBond folks that. Letting a little thing like reality enter their world might crush them.

#15 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:10 AM

Then good for CraignotBond. I hope they stay in business during his entire tenure and that every actor after Craig has "Fill in the blank name" notBond website to battle against if it will drive them to make better Bond films.

Indeed...and if only we could have had a Brosnannotbond.com in 1994 :cooltongue:

#16 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:36 AM

And that cuts their ranks by half.

The cheese stands alone.

Heh-heh-heh...

THAT was good. :cooltongue:

#17 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:46 AM

Indeed...and if only we could have had a Brosnannotbond.com in 1994 :cooltongue:

I wish we could have had a Moorenotbond.com in 1984. Of course there was no internet them but whatever could have been used to make A View to a Kill a better Bond film would have been fine by me.

#18 bill007

bill007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2072 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 03:25 AM

Actually, everyone who has played Bond has had their share of negative comments.

This is very true, Dave. However, this whole CnotB thang highlights the growing poularity of the internet. All the news they got from forming an anti-character website. Of course, their strength fizzled like a wet firecraker on Guy Fawkes Day when Craig delivered. But, what will happen after Craig decides to move on?

banthebond.com ?
bringbackbrosnan.com ??
thenewguyisntbondtome.com ???
cgisirseaninnewmovie.com ????

And all the while, CBn will be here, holding the steady course. Opinions shared, debated, and considered.

:cooltongue: :angry: LONG LIVE CBn :lol: :D

#19 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 06:01 AM

For God's sake, let it go. Some people don't like Daniel Craig as James Bond.