14 replies to this topic

#1 1q2w3e4r

1q2w3e4r

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 09:39 AM

For those in Aust. Now, on the ABC (7:30 pm) Sunday, the ABC has a biography of Sean Connery with interviews from co-stars and family.

#2 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 01:13 PM

For some bizarre reason there is a biography channel here in the UK, theyve shown one before. It sounds like its the same one as it broadcast. Sean takes you on a tour around his Spanish villa, his wife and familly give a few interviews, so does Billy Connelly.

If its the same one its a very good look into his personal life, and a rare opertunity to check out his house. :)

#3 1q2w3e4r

1q2w3e4r

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 01:41 PM

probably because what you described is exactly what the show was. But it did have a good personal insight into him.

#4 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 11:00 PM

Yeah I caught a bit of it :) Thanks for alerting us 1q2w3e4r :)

#5 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 12:48 AM

Yeah I saw it, was good, interesting to here Nicholas Cage and Alec Baldwin talk about him I though, nothing on his knighthood though so I assume it's a couple of years old.

#6 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 01:08 AM

Somewhere in my vast collection of Bond related video, I have a Connery bio that was produced a few years ago (maybe '99) by A&E television. This may be the one airing down under. It was made prior to his becoming "Sir Sean".

As I recall, one bit near the end is a shot of him holding his grandaughter (who seems quite content in his arms) and he says the line "She never cries when I hold her...she wouldn't dare."

One of the better bio's I've seen.

#7 bonded56

bonded56

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 410 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 02:56 AM

Bryce, I have quite a video collection related to Bond also. I especially like behind-the-scenes of Bond movies. I have at least 50 tapes of bond related items. Would you care compare lists for a trade? Since we're on the subject on Connery bios, I have one that aired on a PBS station a while ago.

"CONNERY" SCOTTISH DOCUMENTARY REGARDING SEAN CONNERY.A LOOK AT
HIS HOME IN SPAIN AND COMMENTS FROM HIS WIFE, SON, STEPSON &
MICHAEL CAINE-PLUS MORE INCLUDING SEAN SHOWING US THE ROOM WHERE HE READS HIS SCRIPTS.VERY INTERESTING. 50 MIN--1992

#8 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 04:12 AM

Bonded56 - I'm attaching a page from my video library of just 007. These are bits and pieces I've collected and compiled over the years. I haven't bothered to include all the DVD, LD and VHS of the films as I consider them to be the base of any Bond video collection.

I'm always up for swapping/loaning/copying Bond related video and PR.

#9 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 04:55 AM

You have a few pieces of history there Bryce :) Is the Die Another Day material something that has already aired on TV?

Hoepfully, one day such material will be available on DVD, thay way Bond fans can enjoy it world-wide. Right now, with PAL and NTSC standards, sharing videos is a headache.

#10 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 05:14 AM

Yes, the various international tape standards are a pain. However, if you check my profile, this isn't a problem for me most of the time as I can regularly access the required "Q Branch" equipment to transfer formats. Largely because it's all sitting here in front of me;)

#11 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 05:41 AM

Well I'll be damned, look at that! I'd seen the Screenwriter part before, but the Film/Video Editor escaped my mind :)

#12 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 05:55 AM

I'm just full of suprises;)

...and a few other things depending which friends you ask....

#13 bonded56

bonded56

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 410 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 01:49 AM

Bryce, I've attached (I hope) a file with a small sample from my list. I haven't logged everything, especially items since TWINE. I put 2hr compilations together to fill up a tape. I would like to contact you about "Sheer Adrenaline", and the May 1985 Goldfinger and Thunderball documentaries. Thanks

#14 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 02:17 AM

Based on our other emails, I believe we can come to an agreement. Let me know.

PS - In my non-Bond viewing, I've been enjoying both the Flint films. Fox just released them on DVD and the good folks at Amazon made a little delivery today;)

A great line from the end of "Our Man Flint" note: the bad guys organization is called "Galaxy" in the film.

Gila (she's the "Flint-girl" in this one):
"Where are you going?"

Flint: "I'm going to put Galaxy into orbit."

Damn good fun!

#15 bonded56

bonded56

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 410 posts

Posted 07 August 2002 - 03:31 AM

They have also released FATHOM and MODESTY BLAISE on DVD. Have you see the 3 spy movies from the 60s starring Tom Adams?:THE SECOND BEST SECRET AGENT IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD (cool Sammy Davis,JR title song);WHERE THE BULLETS FLY and SOMEBODY'S STOLEN OUR RUSSIAN SPY. I
like him in the role, but the movies were a bit sluggish. NO. 1 OF THE SECRET SERVICE starring Nicky Henson seems to have a better pace.