4 replies to this topic

#1 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 03:53 PM

For those who fought on the front lines of the Beta VHS wars (I'm was a Beta man) and had to wait for Starlog to tell us news of the next Bond film...you may also recall how we usually got first news of the next James Bond book; these postcards sent out from the US James Bond 007 Fan Club. I loved these! You got a title and a look at the cover, but you still didn't know the color. You'd have to ponder that shade of grey. :cooltongue:

Anyway, I have five of these: Icebreaker, NLF, NDMB, Scorpius, Brokenclaw (not in pic). Odd that I have such a random assortment, but there you go. Does anyone have any others? Does anyone know exactly how many of these the Fan Club put out?

Enjoy the oldness.

Attached Files

#2 Genrewriter

Genrewriter

Cammander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4360 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 03:59 PM

Very cool, John. Weird to see a list price for a hardcover that's under twenty five bucks. :cooltongue:

#3 doublenoughtspy

doublenoughtspy

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4122 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:06 PM

I know I have the Scorpius one, possibly one other.

It would be nice to know the complete output of the fan club - I do remember another postcard listing back issues I think.

#4 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:13 PM

Ah yes Zencat my friend, "The good old days". :angry:

Anxiously waiting for a copy of Bondage Quarterly or any new news via Starlog.

I have all the ones you showed and ROH as well.

It was through the JBFC (Axworthy - MCA763A) that I first heard of the bedside companion and got my order in early. I got my copy signed by Raymond only to have him sign it again 20 years later at the UCLA book fair with the note "Charlie - Hold on to this!".

Good times. :cooltongue:

#5 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:19 PM

I have all the ones you showed and ROH as well.

You have ROH! Sweet. How the heck did I miss that one? Can you scan that front and back for me at some point? Danke. :cooltongue:

So if ROH is the only one you have that I don't, seems there's a good chance there were only ever these six.