Daniel Craig ditches his own accent, like Lazenby

62 replies to this topic

#61 kitt22

kitt22

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:30 PM

NO, NO, NO... where you got that idea from i don't know. Daniel Craig is from Cheshire- HOWEVER he has always had a slightly posh accent whith only hints to his northern roots.

. . . .

And as for your claim that he's the first one since Lazenby what about Brosnan!!! He was constantly masking his Irish twang in every of his performances.

Yes and it certainly seemed like Connery did some heavy duty Scottish twanging throughout his Bond tenure. As for Craig - he has a silky, smoky voice - in fact my favourite Bond voice. And if Craig did put on an accent, (which I don't believe he did) why the horror and astonishment - after all he is an actor! Pity Connery couldn't have done a better job at putting on the 'right' accent when he was playing Bond!

I overlooked Connery's Scottish 'twang'!!!! :cooltongue:

#62 Dr. Noah

Dr. Noah

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1405 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 11:03 PM

Well, considering in the train scene that Vesper thinks he was poor but got into "Oxford or wherever" on somebody else's money, it seems like Craig would WANT Bond's voice to fit a well-to-do man with a touch of common roots in his background.

Works for me...

#63 commanderblond

commanderblond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 03:32 PM

Well, considering in the train scene that Vesper thinks he was poor but got into "Oxford or wherever" on somebody else's money, it seems like Craig would WANT Bond's voice to fit a well-to-do man with a touch of common roots in his background.

Works for me...

Yeah, that's plausible.

I still don't think Daniel Craig 'puts on' an accent in the film though. Every film and series I've seen him in has him sounding the same, bar Our Friends in the North and that mobster one with Tom Hanks. It's entirely possible he hasn't always sounded like he does now, but it's also entirely possible he had that drummed out of him at drama school. Personally, I think he has a great voice for playing James Bond. He has just the right sort of hard edge in the cadence. I always found Pierce Brosnan's voice to be a little to 'thin', if you see what I mean.