This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Nobody Lives Forever; Reviews & Ratings

5 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you rate 'Nobody Lives Forever'?

How do you rate 'Nobody Lives Forever'?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 02:50 AM

This thread is intended for reviews and ratings of Nobody Lives Forever by members of the The Blades Library Book Club here. Be sure to add your review if you do vote in the poll!

The Blades Library Book Club will be reading Nobody Lives Forever from: 15 April 2007 - 15 June 2007.

#2 RTGarcia

RTGarcia

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:58 AM

:cooltongue: I had felt that John Gardner did a fantastic job with what Ian Fleming had started and carried Mr. Bond through the 80s and early 90s very well. This novel I had read serval times. Especially, when it was first released and I was still in the military. I would re read all of my James Bond novel several times. I thought this novel really could translate to being a great movie. The story line had a much needed edge and air of mystry yet very much a James Bond story. Not a perfect story, for it did lag a bit towards the middle but recovers very well to the end. Very well written which was as good as his early writings.

#3 bribond

bribond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 11:20 PM

It was actually the first Gardner book I read and is still my favorite since I have now read them all. Good suspense, a good personal story for Bond/SPECTRE, much better than the usual world threat stories the books often overindulge in. I particularly liked the character Der Haken.

#4 manfromjapan

manfromjapan

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 428 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:36 AM

Without a doubt the best Gardner. Great story and pace, the action is vivid and it is a really fast read. Gardner just seems so enthused.

#5 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:55 AM

Firm favourite; hugely enjoyable. Went a bit off after this one, but this is a great book.

#6 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 09:53 PM

Keep the reviews coming!