17 replies to this topic

#1 WarBird

WarBird

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 August 2002 - 05:47 PM

Has anyone one ever gotten to the small island in the middle of the dams water in the first level. I beat the game and came back to it now and I found a code for no clippings, but it doesn't work. Can anyone help?

#2 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 01 August 2002 - 05:52 PM

the island was a level that was never completed or removed from the game, ive seen pictures of it before. But im pretty sure you can go there. (atleast on the PAL version)

#3 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 12:13 PM

There was a rumour going round before th game came out that you had to get to the island via a boat, and once there you had to fight Oddjob, but then it never came about. I suppose if your all as sad as me you can always paint the island using a snipers rifle and paintball mode.

#4 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 03:05 PM

i was there once with my friend who hade game shark. there is a drone gun that does not fire at you and i think a latter that you cannot climb. It is not all that special. I don't have game shark so i have never been there since.

#5 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 04:20 PM

Ah, the infamous Dam Island. It was originally planned as part of the misssion, but that idea was scrapped later on. The island itself is still there, and you can only get there via a GameShark clipper code. Your best bet is to look around the internet for the code. Virtually any GE64 site will have it. Haven't been there myself, but I've seen some screenshots of it.

#6 007_JamesBond

007_JamesBond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 August 2002 - 07:18 PM

wow I have not played it in a while, I must try, it would be awsome to get there
just to see what it is like of course, I almost forgot about the island

#7 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 02 September 2002 - 02:44 PM

I tried those GS codes, they didn't work for me! now my GS is broken so I can never go back

#8 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 02 September 2002 - 05:49 PM

I've heard about that, adn seen screenies, btu I have no GS, so I can't get there. :) Oh well, Oddjob's not there, so it doesn't matter to me.

#9 Dunph

Dunph

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3826 posts

Posted 02 September 2002 - 11:10 PM

There was loads of stuff the developers didn't have time to fit in, one of the largest, most obvious pieces of evidence being Ourumov's briefcase and the mysterious 'key' (that actually opens a silo hatch door) in the Silo level.

The Dam island is another obvious one, they just didn't have time to fit it all in with the time they had for production; the date of release had already been pushed back several times during the 96-97 season (a constant occurrance during the ill-fated N64's lifetime), and it could be pushed back no further to include these extra objectives. A real shame, but these little treats are what keep me coming back to GoldenEye still today!

#10 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 02 September 2002 - 11:45 PM

Ourumov's briefcase and the mysterious 'key' (that actually opens a silo hatch door) in the Silo level.

really? I'll have to try that one

#11 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 03 September 2002 - 12:25 AM

00kevin you can't try it because there is no door to open. It was only intended once to have a door that was locked. Just don't be looking around to hard because you will be wasting your time.

#12 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 03 September 2002 - 12:35 AM

okay, thanks

#13 Dunph

Dunph

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3826 posts

Posted 04 September 2002 - 01:43 AM

No no, oh ye of little faith, it exists my friends, the "door" i refer to is the silo hatch that is above every missile in the level.

If i'm not wrong, you need "all weapons" on, and when you retrieve the briefcase and key from Ourumov, head to every silo (I can't remember which one it's in, I think it's the second one you go through), look up and select the Gold PP7, and voila, the silo hatch will open (once you unselect it, the door will close).

I think that's how it works, if you can't do it, just post back and I'll try to figure it out

#14 007_JamesBond

007_JamesBond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 04:28 PM

yeah that sounds about right but like i said before I have not played it in a while

#15 Jimmy Blonde

Jimmy Blonde

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 09:44 AM

I used to hack GoldenEye with an Action Replay (Gameshark's UK equivalent).

I got to the dam's island using no clip. Nothing there. Oddjob would not have been there, though. That is an ongoing rumour.

A boat was originally at the base of the dam to use to cross the water. I placed the boat there by swapping it with a crate and tried to give it the properties of a tank, so it would glide across the water. It failed.

I did make my own levels, or alternative missions, by hacking it, though.

I placed Baron Samedi on the dam with a grenade launcher and RCP-90, and gave him maximum health. I also placed working drone guns around the level in the place of crates or barrels. A helicopter was added near the base of the dam - the objective was to destroy it so Ourumov could not aquire another escape route.

I don't know if anyone from ARHQ visits this site, but I know Parasite (Simon Hanzl) remembers me as The Mole. The Citadel project was the most famous levelmaking projects around. I believe Neo-Egyptian created a site, but I believe it no longer exists.

Other codes made by Kode-Z and myself included a remote control car in Streets (moved by pressing the C-Buttons), Connery's Tux (well, we just changed the colour of Brosnan's, but it looked authentic enough), and masturbating Bond, which was so funny at the time. Bond's watch hand does the gunbarrel.

Another good one, not made by us, was retard mode, where characters shake and look disabled (no offense to disabled people intended). Its very funny to see Bond in the gunbarrel dancing like a deranged John Travolta.

Those were the days.

Some of our early work is apparently still on the Net as far as I know. Search for ARHQ on Yahoo, it should be there.

ah, those were the days.

Good to talk about old times now and again. And if any of you ARHQers are still out there, drop us a private message or two.

#16 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 01:37 PM

Ah yes that mysterious island. I remember reading about it in a magazine and then whilst playing the game I managed to spy it with my sniper scope. I used a cheat which a friend told me which was enter a certain combination of cheats, walk off something backwards and you can walk in the air. I tried it, got halfway, fell into the water and died. I've never tried it again as I've never got the cheat to work again.

#17 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 06:04 PM

Originally posted by Dunphboy007
If i'm not wrong, you need "all weapons" on, and when you retrieve the briefcase and key from Ourumov, head to every silo (I can't remember which one it's in, I think it's the second one you go through), look up and select the Gold PP7, and voila, the silo hatch will open (once you unselect it, the door will close).

Really? I'll have to check that out. One rumour I read about that key was that if you found it in the Silo, you have to complete the level and then go to Frigate, where it opens a door to reveal May Day. Tried it, but it of course didn't work.

#18 Jimmy Blonde

Jimmy Blonde

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 10:44 AM

The key unlocks nothing in Frigate, or in the game for that matter - only the silo roof hatch which has already been mentioned. The door to MayDay was fake too. However, you can find hidden beta doors in Frigate...

I cannot remember correctly, but I think you need to put TurboBond, TinyBond and invisible/invincible cheats on. Go to Frigate, and go to the flight of stairs leading down into the hull of the ship. DO NOT go down them!
Duck down, and run down the stairs. If it has worked correctly, you should walk through the wall above the stairs and come across a series of doors in the sky. These were beta, probably originally a passageway. All I know is that Xenia was originally going to be here, but it was deleted. The doors can open, but you will fall back in the level if you walk too far.

Also, did you guys know that Statue and Cradle were originally in multiplayer? i played them - they are the only levels with ammo and guns, but they slowed down - I assume that's why they did not use them.

I accessed all the single player levels in multiplayer using action replay codes, but since they had no restart points, when someone died, the game crashed. We managed to place guns on the floor and create co-ordinates for restart points, allowing us to play in Dam, Surface, Aztec, etc. Frigate was a good one.