9 replies to this topic

#1 medrecess

medrecess

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 05:04 AM

I Was thinking that maybe if Goran was British or Australian then he could have been James Bond because he looks too Bondian.He has everything going for him except the accent.I really believe that for something as big as Bond,casting someone from outside of UK is always a risk.An Australian have been cast before.But im sure they wont be to happy or keen to cast some one from outside of the UK.

It is a fact actually.The franchise is too huge to take such risks while casting.
Nontheless i didnt want to disrespect anyone.All Bond's have done a fine job IMO and were good in there own way.Like Lazanby was amazing for me.I am just saying that the EON guys are careful abut such matters as Bond is a National Icon in the UK.

Its just my thinking about this issue.WHat is your opinion?

#2 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 05:44 AM

IWHat is your opinion?

Daniel Craig IS James Bond.

#3 MrDraco

MrDraco

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1138 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 09:48 AM

The truth is...daniel craig told him to go-run

#4 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 10:04 AM

IWHat is your opinion?

Daniel Craig IS James Bond.

Nah...James Bond IS Daniel Craig. :cooltongue:

#5 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:11 PM

.But im sure they wont be to happy or keen to cast some one from outside of the UK.

Brosnan isn't from the UK, he's from the Republic of Ireland...

#6 crheath

crheath

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:18 PM

I think he looks too foreign anyway, so I don't think the accent would have mattered. Still, I would love it if the rumors of him being the villian in Bond 22 are true.

#7 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:41 PM

I think he's too tall. Ironic that Craig is considered too short at 5'11 (even though Fleming describes Bond as a 6' tall guy) but I think that Goran guy is 6'4 and I think that's too tall for Bond and I imagine he'd be slow and awkwardly un-agile during that free running scene as an example...and finding villians to be imposing would be a chore to boot.No, they got the right guy. Goran can play a Balkin baddie though. :cooltongue:

#8 Eva

Eva

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:54 AM

No - Daniel Craig is a better actor, he has more screen presence and he's sexier!

#9 Mr_Wint

Mr_Wint

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:06 AM

I think he's too tall. Ironic that Craig is considered too short at 5'11 (even though Fleming describes Bond as a 6' tall guy) but I think that Goran guy is 6'4 and I think that's too tall for Bond and I imagine he'd be slow and awkwardly un-agile during that free running scene as an example...and finding villians to be imposing would be a chore to boot.No, they got the right guy. Goran can play a Balkin baddie though. :cooltongue:

A Bond-actor can never be too tall. Craig is very short, too short for Bond. But they fixed that (or tried to) with camera-angles in CR and hopefully it will not be a problem in future Bondfilms.

#10 Number 6

Number 6

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6555 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:30 AM

A Bond-actor can never be too tall. Craig is very short, too short for Bond. But they fixed that (or tried to) with camera-angles in CR and hopefully it will not be a problem in future Bondfilms.

Agreed. Unless you're Yao Ming, you can't be too tall to play Bond. Although I enjoyed Craig's performance, his height is a concern of mine that I hope the future directors will keep a smoke and mirror job.