56 replies to this topic

#31 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 02:20 PM

Excuse me if I gender bend, but...Dan's reported behavior is starting to look just a little bit like that of a well-endowed babe who struts into a bar in a slinky little nothing--then freaks because every one looks. They'll still love you in the morning, Dan. The world knows by now you can act up a storm. But let's keep this real: you are playing James Bond. A stud who's at home in his body and perfectly at ease with it. Let Connery in his prime be your good example. Shirtless when appropriate, swim trunks whenever he could.

Anyway, I'm working on some dialogue for 22, which I hope to pass on to Eon:

BEDROOM SCENE. BOND REAPPEARS FROM THE BATHROOM WEARING AN ANKLE-LENGTH ROBE. BB (BOND BEAUTY) GASPS IN ALARM.
BB: James! What's the meaning of this?
JB: For God's sake, turn the light out!
BB: But I won't be able to see you. Take that robe off, darling.
JB: No! I couldn't bear to have you looking at my...theses and my...thoses.
BB: And that. (HER EYES LOWER.)
JB: Oh, especially my that. Don't look!

#32 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 02:41 PM

Now, now. It's not like he just had his shirt off or simply implied nudity. He was butt-a[censored] naked! They didn't leave much to the imagination. I totally understand; I don't think he should back off of total commitment to the character either. They'll work it out...he's just sensitive when it comes to his craft. If it comes to his commitment to the character, he'll be committed 300%.

#33 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 02:48 PM

Now, now. It's not like he just had his shirt off or simply implied nudity. He was butt-a[censored] naked! They didn't leave much to the imagination. I totally understand; I don't think he should back off of total commitment to the character either. They'll work it out...he's just sensitive when it comes to his craft. If it comes to his commitment to the character, he'll be committed 300%.

You have a calming effect on me, my friend. I haven't given up on Dan. It's just that--I'm not sure I want to raise kids in a world where men tremble to take off their shirts.

#34 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:32 PM

Excuse me if I gender bend, but...Dan's reported behavior is starting to look just a little bit like that of a well-endowed babe who struts into a bar in a slinky little nothing--then freaks because every one looks. They'll still love you in the morning, Dan. The world knows by now you can act up a storm. But let's keep this real: you are playing James Bond. A stud who's at home in his body and perfectly at ease with it. Let Connery in his prime be your good example. Shirtless when appropriate, swim trunks whenever he could.

BEDROOM SCENE. BOND REAPPEARS FROM THE BATHROOM WEARING AN ANKLE-LENGTH ROBE. BB (BOND BEAUTY) GASPS IN ALARM.

Goodness, you really do have a bee in your bonnet about this one! Never mind. You can look at my tits instead if you want.

#35 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:35 PM

Goodness, you really do have a bee in your bonnet about this one! Never mind. You can look at my tits instead if you want.

I'd like that very much. But will--will I still be a...Serious Writer?

#36 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:36 PM

Oh yes. My boobs are the deep and meaningful kind.

#37 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:58 PM

uh...hey guys! I've definitely been missing the party, it seems.

#38 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:58 PM

Oh yes. My boobs are the deep and meaningful kind.

Well, I've gotta tell you, this is sounding better all the time. But...can I ask you a personal question? Thanks! In one of your previous posts--can't remember where--you stated that you 'practice yogurt' and that it's made you 'freakishly strong.' I'm absolutely buffaloed. I'm a yogurt lover and have savored it for years. It's definitely kept me thin. But I can't say it's made me any stronger.

Then again I eat yogurt and you claim to practice it. What does the practice of yogurt involve? Am I using the wrong kind of spoon? Help me out!

#39 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:01 PM

Yoga, not yogurt. Did I write yogurt? I'll have to check. Yoga.

#40 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:04 PM

You wrote yoga. I was in an impish mood. :cooltongue:

#41 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:05 PM

I didn't write yogurt, I just checked and it said yoga! I am a big fan of yogurt, though. Eating it may have kept you thin, Dodge, but it's done nothing for your brain. What kind of books are you churning out in this mental state?

#42 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:09 PM

I didn't write yogurt, I just checked and it said yoga! I am a big fan of yogurt, though. Eating it may have kept you thin, Dodge, but it's done nothing for your brain. What kind of books are you churning out in this mental state?

Hopefully witty and naughty and nice. Dedicated to you and the other dear friends that I've found on this site.

#43 Santa

Santa

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6445 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:16 PM

You wrote yoga. I was in an impish mood. :cooltongue:

You're a [censored] :angry:

#44 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:27 PM

What does the BB stand for? Barbara Broccoli by any chance? :cooltongue:

#45 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:46 PM

What does the BB stand for? Barbara Broccoli by any chance? :cooltongue:

Naw, it stands for Bond Beauty. which kind of got lost in the stage directions. :angry:

#46 Scottlee

Scottlee

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2592 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:25 PM

I couldn't care less that he's not getting his kit off. I'm not sure it's something that should be 'announced' though. Might turn off the small percentage of women who go purely to see some muscle.

#47 sgt-scream

sgt-scream

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:23 PM

bummer.

#48 tigerheart

tigerheart

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 12:21 PM

OOoooh, I never knew this topic would get so many replies. I don't have much to add, but as a woman, I definitely agree with LadySylvia...but also with 00Twelve, tigerheart and mharkin. I don't think Daniel wants to keep covered up for Oscars or whatever other noble cause, as we have seen him bare in many other films. I think he is just fed up with the fact that most of his critics and fans noticed only that scene, and he'd rather be noticed for his acting and what he has added to the role of Bond - other than a great body.

Precisely. :cooltongue:

#49 lafemmefantome

lafemmefantome

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 03:02 PM

Did anyone consider that this might be just another rumor? So I guess for me, I'll just wait til the next film to see how much he takes off or doesn't :angry:

And if he doesn't...well he does make other films that stir the imagination :cooltongue:

lafemme :lol:

#50 bond_girl_double07

bond_girl_double07

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2322 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 04:36 PM

Eye candy (male or female) won't either make or break 22..

That said, I hope it's a rumor :cooltongue:

#51 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 04:54 PM

You're all so mature. I've returned, a new man. How could I have gotten so bent out of shape? The time has come to put such childish things behind. Let's all raise our minds to more rarified air and stop thinking about glutes and ta-tas and such. I now want to see women in high-collared gowns, perhaps showing a flash of their ankles, no more. I want to see Bond in a suit, never out: always elegant, witty and deep. I want to see Bond and his babes do great things--dancing in thousands of bucks worth of clothes!--not rutting about in the raw. Yes, yes, I feel better. I--I think I'll go watch Roger Moore. All is well.

#52 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 04:57 PM

Needing a vent, friend?

#53 bond_girl_double07

bond_girl_double07

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2322 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 05:00 PM

Hey, I agreed with you.. to a point... no use in all that weight lifting if nobody sees it (unless he just enjoys busting out of shirts all the time.. like the hulk)..

sooooo angry...

#54 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 05:07 PM

Needing a vent, friend?

Yes, but I feel better now. Nobody is forcing me to take off my Kenneth Cole shirt or 32"
jeans. I'd honestly rather go skating.

#55 bill007

bill007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2072 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 11:43 PM

Part of my pro-Craig argument back in the beginning was: "Finally, a Bond for the babes." Us guys have been enjoying the eye-candy for decades, now the gals can get some. What's fair is fare.

We now have one of the most memorable Bond scenes since Honey Rider, and Craig gets squeemish after some journalist gets on his tits about his trunks?

I agree with KBZ & Head of S, it is all a load of rumor bollocks, in short(s).

#56 supernova

supernova

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 07:17 AM

I don't know if I completely believe this thread as Daniel Craig seems to be very relaxed about body matters in his movies - appearing nude or semi nude in many films. The only difference is the other 'nude' appearances have been in supposedly 'arty' films instead of the more 'beefcake' appearance in Bond.

#57 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 07:24 AM

I found Daniel's musclular stature to be inspirational actually. As a secure hetro male the man looked great. I hope I can have a bod like that sometime in the near future.