blofeld?

15 replies to this topic

#1 jaydb5

jaydb5

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2002 - 04:19 PM

does blofeld die in diamonds are forever or not? does he appear in any movies after that, or will he?

#2 Roebuck

Roebuck

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1870 posts

Posted 27 July 2002 - 04:26 PM

Certainly there's no evidence Blofeld actually dies at the end of DAF, but I doubt we'll se him again.
Not while Kevin McClory is alive anyway -
Too many legal headaches EON could do without.

#3 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 28 July 2002 - 06:54 AM

One imagines that the guy in the pre-titles sequence of "For Your Eyes Only" is supposed to be Blofeld, even though his name (for legal reasons?) is never given. Blofeld is thus presumed to have died in 1981, after falling down a very, very tall chimney.

#4 Roebuck

Roebuck

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1870 posts

Posted 28 July 2002 - 05:02 PM

Perhaps Bond killed the real Blofeld in the DAF pre title sequence and It's one of his doubles running Willard Whytes empire.
That would at least explain why Ernst claims not to be scientifically minded.
Or maybe he just forgot that two years earlier he'd been growing deadly viruses in the Swiss Alps?

#5 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 29 July 2002 - 10:43 AM

Ah Blofeld, I like to think he's still around, plotting his next scheme. How he survived the bath-o-sub crashing into the control room and then being dropped into the smoke stack I'm not sure, but the fact he had doubles posing as him leads to endless possibilities. :)

#6 IrishCrown

IrishCrown

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 30 July 2002 - 05:34 PM

SPOILERS*******************************************************

Blofeld is really Austin Powers' brother!

#7 Colonel Moon

Colonel Moon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 404 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 08:34 AM

Blofeld is old character.
We need a Blofeld type character

#8 ThomasCrown76

ThomasCrown76

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 01:56 PM

Well, if you want to adapt any part of John Gardner's novels, the possibilities for Blofeld are there.

#9 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 02:39 PM

In DAF what is up with those clones things, the guys with Blofeld's face? He calls them his doubles, but what is the point behind them? Am I alone on wondering WTF?

#10 Roebuck

Roebuck

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1870 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 02:49 PM

Being a wanted fugitive after the events of YOLT/ OHMSS Blofeld was going to use the doubles to confuse the authorities as to his whereabouts. A way of buying himself some breathing space while he was hatching the satellite scheme.

(Well, It's one theory)

#11 IrishCrown

IrishCrown

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 28 August 2002 - 05:48 PM

Blofeld is hiding out on the Afghanistan/Pakistan border. Don't worry, he will be found.

#12 Sir James

Sir James

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 12:33 AM

I think it would be silly to bring Blofeld back, Blofeld is a dated character and 007 needs to move on. Much excitement in the newer Bonds is who the new villian is going to be, that would be boring if it was Blofeld again, and agian. Not to say anything against FRWL, TB, or OHMSS. I think those are eaisly some of the series best.

#13 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 12:46 AM

If we have to see Blofeld in drag again...oh, the humanity!

#14 Se

Se

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 204 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 10:52 PM

What I don't understand: of the 3 official deaths that Blofeld got, the last, and so most succesfull one, was in the sub. Yet to me it looks as if he could have survived any of these it would have been in that sub!
Why did they pick this? I also heard that the orriginal idea was for Blofeld to escape and to end up with Bond in a salt-mine...

the FYEO-teaser was really bad, it could've been so much better, and without the bald guy!

#15 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 11:30 PM

Ah, the age old question. Freemo was right, Blofeld being cloned could lead to any possibilites. I doubt that they would bring Blofeld back, I mean, we need a newer character, a more modern one. Although, it is confusing, in OHMSS, Blofeld was hit by that tree branch, and at the end is seen wearing a neck brace. In DAF, he is without one, and in FYEO, the guy in the wheelchair has a neckbrace, plus he is in a wheelchair!:)

#16 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 03:31 AM

I say that Diamonds Are Forever is a goofy film. Not only did they not use 75% of the book, but they forgot events in previous films. That's a definite no-no in any type of sequel.

It's like an episode of the Simpsons where Bart is always 10, yet Homer ages from 34 to 39. And Homer is a patriotic American (of sorts) yet he was born in The 'Peg! (According to Matt Groening's answer to 'Where was Homer born?' while in Montreal.)

Pity they don't just remake You Only Live Twice... *hint* *hint*