4 replies to this topic

#1 Auric64

Auric64

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 362 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 10:12 AM

I`ve been wondering for a while, how the producers/scriptwriters for Bond 22, are going to handle Bond`s feelings, (after the Royale mission and Vesper`s death) in the film?

In CR we know that Bond falls in love with Vesper, only to find at the end of the film, his feelings for her have changed to that of loathing, (hate, perhaps?) so how will he deal with this?

Could we get another LTK, where, in that film, Bond`s mission to kill Sanchez, (after having Leiter maimed) became so personal that he was missing the big picture, (when he finally realises Pam`s involvement with Hellier and the stinger missles) and, if so, will Bond`s still rookie/hotheadiness get him into more trouble, or will the script show Bond simply as an agent who has a job to do, without feeling good or bad about what has happened in his past?

I guess, for me, I`d like a mixture of the two. That way, the audience will see the development in the Bond character, one of still learning his trade, but still making the odd cock-up, now and then, due to his lack of experience as a new '00'.

I think it will be a fine line between the producers/scriptwriters in getting this film right. CR has raised the bar, and Bond 22 has to at least hit that bar, otherwise some audiences may come away disappointed.

On the other hand, get that fine line wrong, and another LTK (too hard hitting, no jokes, etc.) could be in the making. That would be a shame, as I feel that with Craig, we have another actor, (as we had with Dalton) that can develop the Bond character sufficently enough, (whilst still retaining the odd decent joke and gadgets) but which, this time, will please everyone, casual audience and Bond fans alike.

I just pray to God that they get this film right.

Best

Andy

Edited by Auric64, 09 February 2007 - 10:16 AM.

#2 RazorBlade

RazorBlade

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 10:50 AM

I don't see DC's Bond as a "rookie" so much anymore. He still has very strong but mixed feelings about Vesper. So much so that he shuts off emotionally until some pretty young thing gets him to open up again. And if the writers are on their game, it will happen at the worst possible time in the story.

There you have it, better, smoother and cold as ice. Until...

#3 Pal

Pal

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 377 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 05:30 AM

I can imagine another "shower" type scene where Craig sees the girl in a very vulnerable state and rather than comfort her, Craig's Bond walks away.

#4 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 07:09 AM

I can imagine another "shower" type scene where Craig sees the girl in a very vulnerable state and rather than comfort her, Craig's Bond walks away.

I can see that being a great scene in Bond 22. I also think that they could do something similar to Fleming's Moonraker ending, but with a twist by
Spoiler

#5 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 07:30 AM

Well, I think we're going to see a lot of interesting things with Bond in BOND 22. Bond is pursuing the organization behind Le Chiffre and Vesper and Mr. White. We also know that...
Spoiler

I can see that being a great scene in Bond 22. I also think that they could do something similar to Fleming's Moonraker ending, but with a twist by

Spoiler

Sounds fascinating, tdalton. I could see it, though it perhaps might be a little TOO cold on Bond's part (unless it was framed the right way, of course).

Has anyone read the graphic novel PERMISSION TO DIE? There's a scene where he's troubled by Tracy's death after sleeping with a girl - I think, if adapted, it could work for BOND 22 and his first encounter with another girl. Imagine, Bond has took a girl back to his flat after a night on the town in London...

INT. BOND'S BEDROOM - NIGHT

Bond stirs from sleep. With cold eyes, he looks over at the girl, taking her in for a second. He gets out of bed, careful not to wake the girl up. Bond moves to the window and peers out into the night.

GIRL (O.S.)
Something's troubling you.

The girl has woken up. She moves up behind Bond and wraps her arms around him, but he isn't entirely responsive. Thankfully, the phone RINGS.

Bond goes over and picks up the receiver.

BOND
Bond here.

VILLIERS (O.S.)
She wants you, James.

Something to that effect.