9 replies to this topic

#1 doubler83

doubler83

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:31 AM

Just wondering, as we're coming to the end of January, has Bond 22 started filming yet? Or has the January start date been pushed back?

#2 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:34 AM

Just wondering, as we're coming to the end of January, has Bond 22 started filming yet? Or has the January start date been pushed back?

Er...I think you're a year too early, mate. Bond 22 is scheduled for release in November 2008, and no official shooting dates have been announced.

#3 doubler83

doubler83

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:37 AM

My bad. I was going off the Roger Michell interview on the main page where he said the filming would begin in January.

#4 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 01:24 PM

Yeah Michell was offered the position of director when the release date was still intended to be late 2007 or early 2008. All the timings are a year further on than then, therefore filming will start in January 2008.

#5 Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 06:56 PM

I saw some interview back in December on youtube where Craig said they would start shooting in November of this year and I was just wondering if the November 2008 release date was ever offically announced by Eon like the inital May 2008 release date becasue I only heard about the November 2008 date from an article in The Hollywood Reporter,that was not confirmed by Eon, unless I missed something.

The interview can be found under the title "Daniel Craig Interview Part 2" on youtube.

#6 Pal

Pal

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 377 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 07:56 PM

My understanding was that Craig, MGW, Babs, and some others were going to be meeting at some point in Jaunuary to discuss certain aspects of Bond 22. Does anyone have any idea if said meeting has taken place?

#7 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:58 AM

I'm sure that the producers and Craig will be having regular meetings between films, because they have made very clear that Craig will have a significant influence on aspects of the plot. Not really sure if we'll get word of this though. I certainly haven't heard anything yet.

#8 RazorBlade

RazorBlade

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:50 AM

I would love to be in one of those meetings. I almost said to be a fly on the wall. but a fly wouldn't understand what was going on. So, yeah, go as myself.

And have myself kicked out. Ouch.

#9 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:25 PM

My understanding was that Craig, MGW, Babs, and some others were going to be meeting at some point in Jaunuary to discuss certain aspects of Bond 22. Does anyone have any idea if said meeting has taken place?

Possibly are, but we're not going to hear about all of these meetings so early on I'm betting.

#10 Lionheart

Lionheart

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:38 PM

Here's some rather puzzling news from the Berling Filmfestival:

Judis Dench is ready for the next Bond. She's nominated for an Academy Award for the critically acclaimed "Notes on a scandal". But Judi Dench soon steps back into M's shoes. Already in May filming of the next Bondfilm begins.

Reason: The obvious connection between the year 2007 and 007. The plan is to release the film as soon as November or December this year.

- This is the only possible year to do that, ever, Judi Dench tells TT Spektra when visiting the Berlin Filmfestival.

She's looking forward to it:

- The Bondfilms are like a bit of fresh air between the heavier roles, she says.

I myself took the liberty of translating the swedish article myself, sorry about that :cooltongue: Do we have anybody "on location" in Berlin who knows anything about this "statement"? Is it perhaps the new "Pierce is 007 in Bond 21" slip from Dame Judi? No other Swedish media has mentioned this... or the fact that Judi Dench is in Berlin for that matter. That's why I'm actually kind of playing around with the idea of it being true.