8 replies to this topic

#1 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 05:37 PM

I was watching 'Derailed' last night and i could picture Vincent Cassel as Vespers algerian boyfriend in Bond 22. Cassel give a great and chilling performance as LaRoche and i would love to see him in a Bond movie.
http://www.astrothem...assel_small.jpg
any ideas?

ps. funnily enough Cassel is starring along side Green in 'Death Instinct' due to be released early 2008
http://imdb.com/title/tt0910859/

#2 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 05:42 PM

Oh, yeah. I remember him from an astonishing flick called Brotherhood of the Wolf: a dazzling blend of history, horror, mystery and kung fu. Would love to see him again.

#3 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:22 PM

Interesting possiblity although he doesn't look too Algerian to me. Suppose that is a problem that make-up could easily overcome however. My vote would go to Alexander Siddig, presuming that they gave him quite a young complexion.

#4 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:26 PM

It should be an unknown. Otherwise a 'name' brings too much cinematic baggage to a part we know nothing about - hence why it is so intriguing.

But Vincent Cassel is a good start. It may have to be an actor with British leanings though as 'M' and her history are involved in the Algerian boyfriend and his links to VESPER.

Edited by Zorin Industries, 25 January 2007 - 06:34 PM.

#5 Ernst Stavro Blofeld Jr.

Ernst Stavro Blofeld Jr.

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:25 PM

How about Goran Visnic(sp?)?

He has the look and is suave and handsome, definately someone that Vesper would fall for. Then to have him revealed as the villian and likely a member of the secret organization quite believable.

A modern-day Largo, perhaps?

#6 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:46 PM

My vote would go to Alexander Siddig, presuming that they gave him quite a young complexion.

He was the first person that came to my mind, too.

#7 Dr.Mirakle32

Dr.Mirakle32

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:14 AM

I've been saying from the beginning that Oded Fehr would be perfect for the role.

#8 supernova

supernova

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 03:38 PM

I've been saying from the beginning that Oded Fehr would be perfect for the role.

I second that. The man is handsome, got great presence and also exudes 'danger'. Perfect. Good match-up between equals with Bond.

#9 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 11:01 AM

Oh, yeah. I remember Vincent Cassel from an astonishing flick called Brotherhood of the Wolf: a dazzling blend of history, horror, mystery and kung fu. Would love to see him again.

Brotherhood of the Wolf was a stunning cross-genre movie and Cassel was a great. However, he's played the villian often since and every time has been a carbon copy. He's become very cheesy and unsuprissing (see Oceans 12 for an example... acyuality don't, it's a terrible film, just take my word for it).

How about Goran Visnic(sp?)?

He has the look and is suave and handsome, definately someone that Vesper would fall for. Then to have him revealed as the villian and likely a member of the secret organization quite believable.

A modern-day Largo, perhaps?

Goran - you mean the guy from ER who almost got the Bond role? if so then no, he's not a great actor and wouldn't hold his own around an actor like Craig, thus the audience would never really believe Craig was in danger. Having said that Mikkleson isn't as good an actor as Craig, but he's better than Goran. Aim higher i think!

He (unsuccessfully) tried to chat up my girlfriend in a bar once, so a definate no, unless he's horribly tortured by Craig.

IMO Eon have a lot of cudos (is that the spelling???) after CR. If they aim again for a great writer, then they can bag the type of great actors that normally wouldn't touch Bond. I'd love to see DeNero get method with a villianess role (ala Angel Heart, or Raging Bull).
As for the Algierian boyfriend i suggest they beg Benicio Del Toro. I know he's already played a villian in LTK, but that was a different actor - since then he's changed physically and for my money has become the best movie actor in the world.

Edited by Odd Jobbies, 27 January 2007 - 11:05 AM.