32 replies to this topic

#31 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 01:12 AM

I hate, hate hate hate....HATE the bit where he straightens his tie underwater. It turns a cool stunt (one that Brosnan does himself) into a sequence that appears to be faked.

#32 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 01:26 AM

Yeah. I don't mind a bit of humour with my Bonds - quite the reverse, but that really is an unutterably stupid moment. And that's TWINE in a nutshell: it purports to be Bond for grownups, but its serious, intelligent intentions are constantly undercut by stuff that's silly and cringeworthy beyond belief, just as much as any of the worst excesses of, say, MOONRAKER or A VIEW TO A KILL.

There are many problems with TWINE (it's the one and only Bond film I dislike), but the main one is probably all the unnecessary and unfunny so-called comic relief it's drowning in.

#33 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 02:00 AM

Who's saying he did use those gadgets? It's not like he picked up the shoe and said "Boy, I remember when I fought Kleb, boy she sure had her kicks."

He looks at the jetpack and asks "Does this still work?" before switching it on, and he presses the switch on the FRWL briefcase to make the knife pop out. It shows he obviously has used both of these items previously.