24 replies to this topic

#1 supernova

supernova

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:09 PM

I think it would be great if the arch nemesis of Bond 22 is a woman. Not young, not nubile, not beautiful. Older lady, a matriarch with alot of personal charisma. I'm thinking Chinese in traditional dress with long curving fingernails with jewelled nail covers - a 100% BAD piece of work. Madame Chinese is the power person of the Chinese triads working with the secret organisation that has been hinted at.

When was the last time we had a female villan? (and don't get me started on that French woman with the oil fields - she was even worse than Denise Richards).

#2 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:44 PM

I liked the villian from the (Dolph Lungren) Punisher movie...she was a one badass yakuza bitch! :cooltongue:

#3 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:58 PM

How about Irma Bunt... played by Diana Rigg?

#4 bond_girl_double07

bond_girl_double07

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2322 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 11:11 PM

Bite your tongue, she's Emma Peel forever! Pffft :cooltongue:

I'd love to see somebody that's basically M's equal but on the other side.. controlled, personally and professionally powerful, dangerous alone or with her organization. Think Female version of Blofeld from the novels (err before he goes crazy).

Actually, I thought Le Chiffre was one of the best baddies of the series to date.. nothing unbelievable, smart and controlled, not a super man by any stretch of the imagination. A female baddie with some of those traits would be great (I agree with whoever said it that she shouldn't be sexy at all.. older woman or at least a woman Bond has no interest in would be perfect).

#5 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 11:36 PM

Bite your tongue, she's Emma Peel forever! Pffft :cooltongue:

I'd love to see somebody that's basically M's equal but on the other side.. controlled, personally and professionally powerful, dangerous alone or with her organization. Think Female version of Blofeld from the novels (err before he goes crazy).

Actually, I thought Le Chiffre was one of the best baddies of the series to date.. nothing unbelievable, smart and controlled, not a super man by any stretch of the imagination. A female baddie with some of those traits would be great (I agree with whoever said it that she shouldn't be sexy at all.. older woman or at least a woman Bond has no interest in would be perfect).

There has been Rosa Klebb. In a future film fine but not Bond 22. I want Bond to fight an older man villain in that one, reminiscent of Goldfinger or Largo in Thunderball.

#6 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 11:39 PM

If it works for the storyline... :cooltongue:

#7 Four Aces

Four Aces

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1133 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:41 AM

I'd like to see a lady villain patterned after the infamous Rebecca Mark of Enron.

Edited by Four Aces, 17 January 2007 - 01:42 AM.

#8 Rebel Agent

Rebel Agent

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:14 AM

There's been a "evil-bond" (006) But a "Bizarro-M" is an intriguing concept. An older woman, running a criminal organization. Kind of like a female kingpin (Daredevil & Spider-man comics) Heck maybe she has a daughter that could be a Bond girl. Even better a son & a daughter. Like an hellish family. This could a very oedipian Bond film.

#9 DavidSomerset

DavidSomerset

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:19 AM

Yes, Scarlett Johanssen or Jessica Biel as the baddie. With Jessica Simpson as her main henchwoman/henchperson.
Oh, no we are now in the serious times. So we would have Helen Mirren as the baddie with Sela Ward as her henchwoman/henchperson.

#10 Rebel Agent

Rebel Agent

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:58 AM

Oh Helen Mirren. Good idea!

#11 DavidSomerset

DavidSomerset

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:06 AM

Yes, I would like a mud wresting fight between Helen Mirren and Dame Judi Dench. With Scarlett Johanssen as the referee. :cooltongue:

#12 Sir Robert King

Sir Robert King

Cadet

• Crew
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:01 PM

Meh. I want the next villain to be "von Hammerstein" (from the FYEO short story).

#13 Scottlee

Scottlee

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2592 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 09:04 PM

There's never been a main female Bond villain, and as such it's a good idea. I'd prefer it to be a ravishing beauty though, not some old crinklie.

#14 VisualStatic

VisualStatic

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:49 PM

There's never been a main female Bond villain, and as such it's a good idea. I'd prefer it to be a ravishing beauty though, not some old crinklie.

I agree... make it someone Bond is interested in. Adds to the conflict of what to do. But at least, a female villain would be a great idea for something different.

#15 Four Aces

Four Aces

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1133 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 11:08 PM

Hillary Clinton?

#16 cameraguy

cameraguy

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 11:17 PM

I think with all the stuff they've set up in CR we are likely to see a Blofeld-kind-of-villain if not even Blofeld himself in Bond 22!
Screw the timeline - just bring back the stuff that once made it great!

#17 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 07:19 PM

They did this in the first Mission Impossible, but IMO it just made Hunt seem like a cheeky naughty boy who the milf would like to make her toyboy. This meant there was no jeopardy as she'd much rather shag him, and then give him an ovaltine for bedtime, than kill him.

However, that's just one bad example. if the scripts good, then there's lots of excellent older actresses outthere.

On the topic of villians i'd love to see Rutger Hauer get the part. His turns in Bladerunner and The Hitcher are legendary, and he's recently done amazing cameo work in Batman, Sin City and Confessions of a Dangerous Mind. I'd love to see him as the proverbial white cat stroker at the head of this mysterious organization Bond is now getting to grips with.

#18 Mr. Du Pont

Mr. Du Pont

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:22 AM

I'm rather ambivalent to this idea.

To paraphrase a quote from a classic 1964 movie:

Say goodbye to Felix... Man talk. <<smack>>

#19 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:44 AM

If it works for the storyline... :cooltongue:

Is that your answer to everything (see the PTS thread) :angry:

Edited by Odd Jobbies, 27 January 2007 - 10:44 AM.

#20 Peter

Peter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 445 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:44 PM

Ooh...Older, yet gorgeous, Oscar-nominated actress...Michelle Pfeiffer. This will please the fans wanting a still sexy woman, and those wanting a woman with gravity and wisdom.

She can take a page from her Catwoman days.

Meow!

#21 RazorBlade

RazorBlade

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 10:57 AM

I second this motion.

You said, "crinklie".

#22 Icarus

Icarus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:59 PM

Devon Aoki might make for a good, silent kind of henchwoman. Whenever I've seen her in a movie (well, okay, DOA: Dead or Alive and a bit of 2 Fast 2 Furious) and she's got a serious or ticked-off look on her face, I personally find her a bit... well, scary. Like she's about to eviscerate you at any second.

I suppose Kill Bill Vol. 1's Go Go Yubari is the type of character I'm thinking of for her. That sort of character.

Edited by Icarus, 09 February 2007 - 10:00 PM.

#23 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 11:47 PM

How about make the villain a professor who invents a swarm of cyber-mosquitos?

Or how about an evil robot monkey?

#24 RazorBlade

RazorBlade

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:30 AM

Do you mean that if we settle on Michelle Pfeiffer, she would play an evil robot monkey? Now, this villain should be evil, we aren't trying to get me to fall in love are we?

Cuz, evil robot monkey played by Michelle P. That'd be hot.

Edited by RazorBlade, 13 February 2007 - 09:32 AM.

#25 Odd Jobbies

Odd Jobbies

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:27 AM

Do you mean that if we settle on Michelle Pfeiffer, she would play an evil robot monkey? Now, this villain should be evil, we aren't trying to get me to fall in love are we?

Cuz, evil robot monkey played by Michelle P. That'd be hot.

With his Gorillas In The Mist experience they should get Apted back to direct this. Maybe Sigorney Weaver could be the evil monkey henchwoman...