11 replies to this topic

#1 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 21 July 2002 - 01:28 AM

Next time you're watching Diamonds Are Forever check out the hair of the guy who takes the real Peter Franks passport. What was this man thinking? That is the worst hair I've ever seen on a man. Was there a comb shortage in the early 1970s? Sorry to go on about it, but this is the first time I noticed the guy and his amazingly aweful hair.

#2 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 21 July 2002 - 01:58 AM

Just saw it, Mr*! :)

No breeze to blame either...

#3 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 21 July 2002 - 02:03 AM

Pretty much a bad hair movie. Here's a shot* of Bond walking to the outside elevator that takes him up to Willard Whyte's penthouse. There is also no evidence of a breeze here either. :)
*Sorry about the darkness, but it is night-time.

#4 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 21 July 2002 - 03:35 AM

Maybe it was a boring day at Customs and Excise? :)

#5 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 21 July 2002 - 03:39 PM

Or perhaps the person(s) who did Sean's hair/sideburns/beard in The Man Who Would Be King was also called in for DAF. Maybe that person at the customs place unknowingly borrowed Sean's hairpiece, thinking it was his own. Who knows.:)

#6 boeserzwilling

boeserzwilling

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 21 July 2002 - 03:59 PM

Don't forget that henchman of Blofeld from the pre-title sequence. The one that gets his hand injured while examining Sean Connery. He really has GIANT-SIZE side whiskers.

#7 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 21 July 2002 - 04:04 PM

ROFL! I always noticed those sideburn things - very funny. That persons hair at Customs is nothing compared to these monsters!

#8 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 21 July 2002 - 04:09 PM

So it was the hair stylist from TMWWBK who worked on DAF! I knew it!

#9 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 04:08 PM

The really sad part about the passport guy's hair is that I think it looks better in the screen shot BC posted then it goes on the screen. The front of his hair is actually what I noticed first. That bizarre, nearly-evil bang Just hanging there twisting. I can forgive bad hair on villains and when caused by a clash between the current style and historical style (as with The Man Who Would Be King), but this passport guy is just an ordinary guy working a job. He had no excuse.

#10 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • Location:Was on Saturn, now back in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 22 July 2002 - 07:05 PM

Call me silly, but I can never tell, in LALD, is Roger's hair blond or a very light shade of brown :)

#11 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 11:30 PM

Dr. Tynan, like you replied to that poor person who asked if you were a real doctor:

"There are some questions you should never ask."

Actually, I've never been certain. In Roger's years as Simon Templar it was very nearly black. In his Persuaders years it got longer and lighter. During his era as Bond it seemed to go from light to darker, then really dark, getting lighter again, and basically ending up ginger in AVTAK.

#12 Solex Agitator

Solex Agitator

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 24 July 2002 - 06:28 AM

This is an awesome topic. As much as I love all the Bonds and their hair in their every-changing ways, I think Lazenby had THE BEST hair. THE BEST sideburns too. Connery had THE ORIGINAL HAIR. Went a bit oily from time to time and then a bit too lid-like. Moore had THE MAGIC hair. Looking best in TSWLM. Dalton had great tough hair in TLD. By LTK, however, Dalton was tinning. Tough break. That is why daltom was fired. HIS HAIR. Brosnan has gone the Moore route on many a level INCLUDING HIS HAIR. LAZENBY IS PERFECT CLASSIC 007 HAIR.