8 replies to this topic

#1 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 19 July 2002 - 03:24 PM

Pre-Semptember 11th, i thought it would be a great idea if we saw Bond overthrowing hijackers in a future movie, perhaps for a pre-title sequence. Since then though, obviously (and unfortunatley) things have dramatically changed. And their would be alot of complications if a sequence like this was given the go-ahead.

However if it was, would anyone in the forums like to see it happen? Bond could be posing as a passenger, trying to get infomation from a source who wants to get away from any kind of surveillance (a little hard at 30,000ft), when a group from the main villains most elite, try to snatch the source, and take over the place. Bond could team up with the air-hostess (as normal in this situation on film), overthrow the terrorists, save the day, and get the girl... roll the tiles.

Of course, this would have to be done the right way, to seperate it from films such as; passenger 57, air force one, etc. And because of the events of 9/11, i doubt we'll ever see this happen. But what im asking is, if those events had not taken place, would you have liked to see a scenario similar to this happen sometime in the future, perhaps in Bond 21?

#2 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 19 July 2002 - 03:43 PM

It would have to be pretty orginal after all of the other airline highjack flicks. But I wouldn't mind see something like this. Perhaps the plane highjacked is a military plane rather than a commercial one. But I would think this scenario should be only part of the film, possibly the first part of the villains scheme. If the film is mearly Passenger 007 then it would fall short of being a Bond film.

#3 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 19 July 2002 - 03:56 PM

Originally posted by Mister Asterix
If the film is mearly Passenger 007 then it would fall short of being a Bond film.

Yeah, i know what you mean. That was why i was trying to emphasise that it could only be part of the pre-titles, and would have to be done differentley that in any normal hijack movie.

I like the idea you suggested about using a military aircraft though. Perhaps transporting marines somewhere, some of them could be the villains minions in disguise etc.

Thanks for the input though. :)

#4 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 19 July 2002 - 04:15 PM

Actually, the second Gardner novel "For Special Services" begins with a great teaser in the first two chapters. It's almost exactly like what you'd like to see ShockTroop. Bond, some undercover SAS men and an incredible sequence which is resolved in 90 seconds. Check it out.

#5 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 19 July 2002 - 05:06 PM

Bryce, i'll be sure to check it out sometime.
I really should check out the books, im really more of a movie guy. I think ive only read DoubleShot.

I keep meaning to buy the books, but never get around to it. Maybe when Die Another Day is released, when they'll be all over the place.

#6 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 08:24 AM

The kidnapping of Bond's contact/source while bad guys try to kidnap him was an idea used in the PC game No One Lives Forever--which was a parody of Bond.

But I still like the idea as long as the aircraft involved is huge. Like, Air Force One huge (except not actually AF1).

#7 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 12:40 PM

General Koskov, thanks for pointing that out, that's exactly the kind of thing i wanted. I dont wanna see just; "Air Force 57 Cliffhanger - The Movie". I wanna see a real reason for it, kidnapping a source like the scientist in NOLF would be a cool reasoning behind it.

Seeing Bond in close-quarters-combat on a plane again would be cool also. (the Antanov in DAD was slightly to spacious for my liking).

#8 Rayliottaasbond

Rayliottaasbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 11:08 PM

I personally think that Bond shouldn't immitate. Bond has always set the benchmark in the action film genre by doing fresh inspiring things. Everytime, Bond goes on new territory where nobody has gone before. A James Bond Hijack scenario would be going where MANY have gone before. It just wouldn't be right, it wouldn't be Bond.

#9 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 12:10 AM

MR's opening sequence was the ultimate 'plane scene. It was what GF's ending could have been.

PS. Does anyone think that MGM would not use any ideas posted here because they've been made public--'Good idea, but everone knows, so let's not use it'. Or am I just being weird? (Definitely not saying that we should get rid of the Bond 21 forum, though--I love it.)