8 replies to this topic

#1 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:35 AM

Here's a listing of the villains that Bond viewed on the MI6 site while investigating Dimitrios.

Alex Dimitrios, listed as a Goverment Contractor. American.

Vanya Bor, listed as Arms Dealer. Russian. Status "Killed"

Heni Marville-Beau, listed as Sniper Instructor. French. Status "Killed"

Izzie Sawakowa, listed as Chemical Engineer. Japanese. Status "Killed"

Le Chiffre, Listed as Banker/Accountant. Albanian.

After the events of CR both Dimitrios and Le Chiffre will get the red banner marked "killed" at the bottom of their photos. An interesting observation I made is that the three who were listed as killed all appeared to have been killed by a single shot to the head, just like Le Chiffre death at the hands of White. Perhaps they were also connected to the "Organization" out lived there usefulness.

#2 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:48 AM

So the alluring Valenka was not listed as a known associate. Too bad, more details would be nice!

#3 Gri007

Gri007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1719 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:59 PM

I was actually thinking about this the other day. maybe interesting to have vespers boyfriend as known associate. The deceased part being a mistake.

#4 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:08 PM

An interesting observation I made is that the three who were listed as killed all appeared to have been killed by a single shot to the head, just like Le Chiffre death at the hands of White. Perhaps they were also connected to the "Organization" out lived there usefulness.

[mra]Nice pick up there ASO. I was watching the names last viewing but didn

#5 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 01:43 AM

After the events of CR both Dimitrios and Le Chiffre will get the red banner marked "killed" at the bottom of their photos. An interesting observation I made is that the three who were listed as killed all appeared to have been killed by a single shot to the head, just like Le Chiffre death at the hands of White. Perhaps they were also connected to the "Organization" out lived there usefulness.

It almost makes working for SPECTRE an attractive option. At least you get to die in a creative way.

#6 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 02:10 AM

Interesting that they changed the fact that Le Chiffre was actually known to be alive quite late on. If I remember correctly, the line where M said that "Saddam took a dislike to him after Desert Storm and cut off his head" was lost from the final movie.

#7 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:30 PM

Yes it was cut. How was originally Le chiffre's involvement with Saddam ?

#8 bill007

bill007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2072 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 06:53 AM

I don't know. But great job with the intell Agent Spriggan Ominae!

#9 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:39 AM

No problem folks! :cooltongue: As for Le Chiffre and his ties with Saddam I think it was for the best that it was removed from the final film. There wasn't really much in the script, just that during desert storm Le Chiffre was an accountant for Saddam's regime and that Le Chiffre somehow upset him and was executed by beheading in 1998.

I think the main problem while it was interesting and did add some backstory to Le Chiffre, the whole main villain should be dead but he's still alive is getting a little tired. It was used in both Goldeneye with 006 and DAD with Moon/Graves. But more to the point we the audience have already seen that Le Chiffre is alive and well at the beginning so there was really no big secret to be revealed.