20 replies to this topic

#1 MR. BOND 93

MR. BOND 93

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 08:15 PM

So... am I the only one that loved TWINE the video game for N64? It was great! I know it was nowhere near GoldenEye, but it beat that TND crap.

But anyway... the multiplayer was great, the story reamined faithful to the movie, and this was just a fun video game.

Who else enjoyed playing it?

#2 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 08:29 PM

i have Twine but i cant save my game :) so everytime i want to play on it i have to start from the beginning. :P

#3 MR. BOND 93

MR. BOND 93

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 08:36 PM

Oh that sucks... I haven't played it in forever since I unfortunately got rid of my N64 this year...

#4 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 09:27 PM

I still own and play it to this day. I love it. The single player missions are a lot of fun (especially the second City of Walkways), and the multiplayer is great.

#5 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 10:23 PM

I enjoy it. The multiplayer with AI bots in the Sky Rail level is always fun.

#6 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 01:51 AM

I was playing it yesterday. Still great fun.

Although at this age I'm beginning to question whether or not it should be.

#7 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 02:45 AM

You guys have me thinking I should dig the N64 out and play a little TWINE!

#8 MR. BOND 93

MR. BOND 93

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 11:02 PM

Haha, that's exactly what I would be doing if I'd of kept the damn thing.

#9 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 12:14 AM

Haha, that's exactly what I would be doing if I'd of kept the damn thing.

You could always buy another one. :)

#10 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 12:42 AM

i have Twine but i cant save my game :) so everytime i want to play on it i have to start from the beginning. :P

Ha. Same here. I never bought a save card or whatever for the N64 either (since most games didn't need them, you could just save on the cartridge).

Still have my N64, haven't played TWINE in years though. It was decent enough. I remember before it was released reading in a maganize how the developers had looked at GoldenEye 007 closely and where hoping to create a "similar experience". Not sure it turned out that good, but yeah, it was fun. Some great multiplayer ideas too.

#11 bonds_walther

bonds_walther

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 07:26 PM

I enjoyed TWINE. That and Goldeneye (obviously) were the only reasons I owned an N64. Well, Fifa '98 was pretty good.

#12 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 11:21 PM

Definitely an enjoyable game. I have the original box the cartridge came in sitting on a shelf above my computer monitor -- right next to the Goldeneye box. :)

#13 robertbmagee

robertbmagee

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 08:18 PM

While the old N64 died a while back, I still play TWINE and Goldeneye on my PC with an emulator. They're both still great games and it's a great little wave of nostalgia I get when I'm playing them. Plus, it solves any of your problems with no memory cards, because you can always save with an emulator.

#14 Bucky

Bucky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 08:53 PM

i loved the game although i have not played it for a while. i might have to put it in now for a trip down memory lane.

#15 capungo

capungo

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 357 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:04 PM

Ah yes... I've got fond fun memories of TWINE and its nuclear powered sticky bombs...

#16 Icarus

Icarus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 02:15 PM

I quite liked TWINE. Wasn't as good as GoldenEye 007, but still a pretty decent game. Anyone ever stop the Underground Uprising bomb at 0:07? :cooltongue:

Having said that, I never finished the game. I could never get past the Night Watch level, primarily because I got bored of sneaking around avoiding cameras and decided just to frag stuff instead.

#17 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:25 AM

I quite liked TWINE. Wasn't as good as GoldenEye 007, but still a pretty decent game. Anyone ever stop the Underground Uprising bomb at 0:07? :cooltongue:

Oh yes! Doesn't Q do something or you get full body armor? I seem to remember it being something along those lines.

#18 Icarus

Icarus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:39 PM

Oh yes! Doesn't Q do something or you get full body armor? I seem to remember it being something along those lines.

If I remember correctly, you hear R saying (a bit patronisingly, I think), "Oh, well done." I'm also trying to remember whether you get full body armour or your health gets replenished. It's either one or the other. Or possibly both.

One I thing I always liked about the game is how you could switch a weapon's modes, like attaching the silencer to the Walther P99. Or the "Wolfram P2K" as it was called in the game.

#19 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:21 PM

If I remember correctly, you hear R saying (a bit patronisingly, I think), "Oh, well done." I'm also trying to remember whether you get full body armour or your health gets replenished. It's either one or the other. Or possibly both.

Yeah, that sounds about right to me.

One I thing I always liked about the game is how you could switch a weapon's modes, like attaching the silencer to the Walther P99. Or the "Wolfram P2K" as it was called in the game.

Me too! Helpful in multiplayer as well.

#20 Icarus

Icarus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:42 PM

So I got to playing TWINE earlier today (after a titanic struggle to figure out how to reconnect my N64 only to find it had been connected up all the while I was using my GameCube), and I did check out Underground Uprising again.

R actually says, "Oh, well done, Mister Bond" and you do get full body armour. So we can all sleep better in our beds for knowing this. :cooltongue:

#21 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:46 PM

:cooltongue:

Well done.