The Train scene

24 replies to this topic

#1 yuta_rule

yuta_rule

Cadet

• Crew
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 04:41 PM

Just wondering, does anyone have the full transcript to conversation Bond and Vesper had on the train? I simply adore that scene and if someone could please help out! Thanx!

#2 Emma

Emma

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 12:32 AM

Vesper walks up to Bond and flings herself in the seat across from him

Vesper: I'm the money.

Bond puts down his menu and regards her with an amused smile.

Bond: Every penny of it.

Vesper puts her business card on the table.

Vesper: The Treasury has agreed to stake you in the game.

Bond:

Edited by Emma, 12 December 2006 - 01:04 AM.

#3 EL7

EL7

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 02:31 AM

Amazing...

#4 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 03:02 AM

I still don't know whether I love that scene or think it's over written. It has a great style that somehow makes it seem a bit forced. Too much crammed in. But stylishly and with flair. I dunno...

#5 bill007

bill007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2072 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 03:47 AM

Thanks VERY much Emma. I loved this scene. It has that great 'Bond' feel throughout. Elegant surroundings, beautiful girl, and highly intelligent conversation.

#6 bill007

bill007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2072 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 03:50 AM

Thanks VERY much Emma. I loved this scene. It has that great 'Bond' feel throughout. Elegant surroundings, beautiful girl, and highly intelligent conversation.

#7 PrinceKamalKhan

PrinceKamalKhan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11139 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 04:03 AM

Some critics have commented that Bond and Vesper are playing Cary Grant and Eva Marie Saint in Hitchcock's North by Northwest, This makes the 2nd scene from the 1959 thriller to "inspire" a Bond scene(remember the crop duster scene ending up in the helicopter scene in From Russia With Love.

#8 yuta_rule

yuta_rule

Cadet

• Crew
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:32 PM

OH MY GAWD EMMA!
thank u for the awesome job!!!
I just love love love this scene!
Eva Green played this scene so darn well i can't imagine anyone else saying those lines...

#9 killkenny kid

killkenny kid

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6607 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:40 PM

Welcome to the family. yuta.

#10 Judo chop

Judo chop

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7461 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:43 PM

I still don't know whether I love that scene or think it's over written. It has a great style that somehow makes it seem a bit forced. Too much crammed in. But stylishly and with flair. I dunno...

Ya know, I agree. It does feel a little staged and 'crammed' as you put it. Haggis falls short of glory for this reason. I thought his film Crash, for example, was littered with the same problem.

Mind you, we're just falling short of glory here. The scene still crackles with wit as does the rest of the film overall.

#11 EWKDSMB

EWKDSMB

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:45 PM

i think it's brilliant.

#12 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:50 PM

It was certainly one of my favourite scenes when I first read the script, and I'm thankful that Craig and Green were able to do it justice in the actual movie. Excellent work.

#13 Icebreaker

Icebreaker

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 12:28 AM

I thought this scene was VERY well writen. The dialogue is sharp and on point and the deliveries are even better. One of the best scenes in the entire film in my opinion.

-matthew

#14 Vesperlover

Vesperlover

Cadet

• Crew
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 12:47 AM

I agree they were sharp and witty and played it perfectly. In my opinion it was the best scene in the movie, but thats just my opinion, not everyone elses!!

#15 moorebond82

moorebond82

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPipPip
  • 1538 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 02:01 AM

One of my favorite scenes.

#16 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 03:08 AM

I think this is my all time favourite scene from the film.

#17 annita

annita

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 05:31 AM

S K E W E R E D !!!

the delivery of that word just made an excellent scene become great.

#18 Vesperlover

Vesperlover

Cadet

• Crew
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 December 2006 - 05:34 AM

I love how their sizing one another up and get under one another's skin, i agree it made excellent scene GREAT!

#19 bill007

bill007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2072 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 01:08 AM

In retrospect though, considering Vesper's 'sauciness,' one wonders if her arrogant behavior is due to her 'situation.' That is, if she was already working for The Organization, and her disdain for Bond was 'leaking' through (i.e. 'This guy is the reason my boyfriend is not with me'). When she asked about his watch, and her reply, just sticks in my crawl.

#20 AgentPB

AgentPB

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 407 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 01:17 AM

This scene is straight out of an old noir film, it drips with style and the actors delivered the lines perfectly!

#21 Emma

Emma

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 11:55 PM

In retrospect though, considering Vesper's 'sauciness,' one wonders if her arrogant behavior is due to her 'situation.' That is, if she was already working for The Organization, and her disdain for Bond was 'leaking' through (i.e. 'This guy is the reason my boyfriend is not with me'). When she asked about his watch, and her reply, just sticks in my crawl.

In the script. Vesper admits that her father was a gambler who after being heavily in debt kills her mother and commits suicide. She doesn't have a high opinion of gambling or gamblers.

I believe it was taken out of the film because they will be using it in the sequel. Hence Eva Green's puported message that might be in the sequel.

#22 MarcAngeDraco

MarcAngeDraco

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3312 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 12:52 AM

Great job Emma!!

#23 bill007

bill007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2072 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 01:26 AM

In the script. Vesper admits that her father was a gambler who after being heavily in debt kills her mother and commits suicide. She doesn't have a high opinion of gambling or gamblers.

I believe it was taken out of the film because they will be using it in the sequel. Hence Eva Green's puported message that might be in the sequel.

Ah-ha! Thanks Emma!

#24 yuta_rule

yuta_rule

Cadet

• Crew
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 12:25 AM

Emma, thank u for this really interesting piece of information. That certainly is a painful past...which connects perfectly to that shower scene where you see fear engulfing her, as if her entire past has come back to haunt her...amazing...
Do you happen to have a copy of the script that you can possibly send me? Much appreciated! Thank you killkenny kid for the welcome by the way! :)

#25 VisualStatic

VisualStatic

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 07:54 PM

Ya know, I agree. It does feel a little staged and 'crammed' as you put it. Haggis falls short of glory for this reason. I thought his film Crash, for example, was littered with the same problem.

Mind you, we're just falling short of glory here. The scene still crackles with wit as does the rest of the film overall.

I felt there were a few scenes that seemed crammed or rushed. They didn't flow quite right. But, overall, still amazing.