Could someone explain me ???

#2 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 10:57 PM

the password for the door in the airport.

#3 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 10:59 PM

Thanks.

#4 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 11:02 PM

It is the password/codename for Le Chiffre's operation to destroy the prototype plane at Miami airport. It is first sent to Molloka (presumably as some kind of signal to 'get started') who was originally supposed to be the bomber at Miami, but Bond intervenes and kills him. Molloka is replaced by Carlos, who checks his cellphone and finds the message ELLIPSIS, which is the code for the security door at the airport.

#5 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 11:06 PM

The code also changes on a schedule, that's what le chiffre meant when he asked 'when does ellipsis expire?'

#6 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 11:14 PM

The code also changes on a schedule, that's what le chiffre meant when he asked 'when does ellipsis expire?'

Yeah. This also raises a bit of a plot hole, or plot question. If Le Chiffre knows what the door code is at Miami airport, then surely they already have a guy inside who gave them that information? Why wasn't he able to bomb the plane instead of a new guy who shows up on the night and is a bit of a security risk?

#7 _Ozu_

_Ozu_

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 02:49 AM

Maybe the guy who worked at MIA didn't want to risk his life for a few thousand dollars like Mollaka or Carlos or maybe he/she wasn't a bomb expert. There are plenty of things that could lead Le Chiffre to know the password I suposse.

#8 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 10 December 2006 - 05:11 AM

To my way of thinking ELLIPSIS isn't actually a word but numbers used to on a keypad to access the airport security area (as mentioned above). Making up a word from those numbers is just a way to bundle the whole operation together. And it's sort of a McGuffin to add a bit mystery to the storyline.

#9 capungo

capungo

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 357 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 05:15 AM

Yeah. This also raises a bit of a plot hole, or plot question. If Le Chiffre knows what the door code is at Miami airport, then surely they already have a guy inside who gave them that information? Why wasn't he able to bomb the plane instead of a new guy who shows up on the night and is a bit of a security risk?

Someone didn't necessarily need to be on the inside for that. In this super technological age, it wouldn't be too hard to imagine that someone had been able to hack the computer.

#10 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 10:33 AM

Ellipsis is also: ... and my AIM address :)

#11 Icarus

Icarus

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 09:27 PM

Being a bit of a prat in my first viewing, I first thought that when 'Ellipsis' appeared on Mollaka's phone, I thought some sort of code word to tell him that MI6 were there and on to him. Then I thought it might have been the name of The Organisation. I pretty much got it the second time I watched the movie.

But yeah, it's probably just the name for Le Chiffre's little bombing plan.

#12 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 09:34 PM

To my way of thinking ELLIPSIS isn't actually a word but numbers used to on a keypad to access the airport security area (as mentioned above). Making up a word from those numbers is just a way to bundle the whole operation together. And it's sort of a McGuffin to add a bit mystery to the storyline.

well yes exactly...though they might just tell ellipsis to the security guards so they can remember it...it doesn't necessarily have to be part of le chiffre's operation.