5 replies to this topic

#1 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 02:17 AM

Just flipping channels and caught this. Started about 20 minutes ago (9:00PM central time).

#2 License To Kill

License To Kill

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1556 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 02:30 AM

Reasoning? 15 Days of 007 hath returned?????
I hope so..

~LTK~

#3 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 02:42 AM

TBS has the rights for Octopussy, A View to A Kill, The Living Daylights, and Licence to Kill for a little while longer and they show them every now and then randomly. 15 days of 007 would be an impossibility, as the rest of the Bond films' rights (pre-Octopussy) are owned by ABC and will be owned by TNN after that.

#4 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 01:45 PM

Was it me or were there a lot less explosions in The Living Daylights in last night's version. The instance that I noted most was when Bond fired the the missles into the road block. The missles fired then suddenly we saw the Aston Martin driving through a big hole in the truck while debris rained down around them. But the truck never exploded. Has it been that way in all showings on TBS, and I just never noticed? Or is this a post 9/11 thing?

#5 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 04:04 PM

Actually, Mr.A, I'm surprised they showed it at all, with the Afghan featured in it as allies and all. But they also might have done it just to cut down on time. TBS and the other movie channels do this often. Jaws on TBS is a big example. They cut out much of the good parts from that. Unfortunately, I don't get TBS anymore because of satellite restrictions.

#6 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 10:01 PM

Not sure about the edited explosion, as I turned it off before then. I do remember there being a considerably bigger view of the explosion so it wouldn't surprise me. I do remember them cutting out the view of Pushkin's woman the last time I watched it on TBS.