Forum Upgrade

40 replies to this topic

#31 Monkeyfoahead

Monkeyfoahead

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts
  • Location:A hollowed-out volcano, a submarine, and a moon base.

Posted 14 December 2006 - 09:19 PM

I've noticed that it is hard to read the windows that have a light background and the yellowish font that is in them.

#32 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 09:24 PM

What are the ratings all about? What are we meant to rate?

Favorite Members on out of 5.

#33 moorebond82

moorebond82

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPipPip
  • 1538 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 11:56 PM

I can't tell if someone rated me yet or not but if someone did i think they weren't very nice about the rating. Why does CBn need to rate it's members looks anyway?

#34 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 12:43 AM

Interesting....

Ah, and the little icon next to the name shows whether the user is online or not... took me a while to figure that one out :)

#35 Athena007

Athena007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12936 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 01:16 AM

My Avatar isn't working.... :)

Ok, I know someone mentioned this before. But I can't seem to respond to PM's, there's no respond button... help?

#36 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 01:36 AM

I can't tell if someone rated me yet or not but if someone did i think they weren't very nice about the rating. Why does CBn need to rate it's members looks anyway?

I must say, I've never come across a site that seems to retain and - what's more - to display such comprehensive details of its members' movements. I mean, do we really need to know who last looked at our profiles and when? Still, I guess it's quite apt for a site devoted to an intelligence operative. :)

#37 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 01:45 AM

I must say, I've never come across a site that seems to retain and - what's more - to display such comprehensive details of its members' movements. I mean, do we really need to know who last looked at our profiles and when? Still, I guess it's quite apt for a site devoted to an intelligence operative. :)

Hi Mate.

It's a brand new feature of the forum software and not a modification by the good folks here.

As I mentioned in a previous post. This version of IPB is 'Bloatware'. It's user unfriendly and is causing some headaches with resource sites.

I installed IPB v1.3 (the same version as the once cool MKKBB forums). And I have to say. What a refreshing change to be able to discuss without so many senseless buttons and interferences.

I'm holding onto my copy of v1.3. And as soon as the security flaws become apparent in v2.2.0, I'm going back to it.

Dave. The standard/rte screens are fantastic.

Cheers,

Ian

#38 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 01:52 AM

Hi Mate.

It's a brand new feature of the forum software and not a modification by the good folks here.

Ah, gotcha. Must say, I assumed otherwise, but I guess this is the future and everything. But, yeah, "bloatware" seems about right.

BTW, what's all this about a choice between "the Queen's English" and "English"? Is this a joke, or is it a bit like Wikipedia, where you can choose very simple English versions of the pages?

#39 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 01:52 AM

My Avatar isn't working.... :P

Ok, I know someone mentioned this before. But I can't seem to respond to PM's, there's no respond button... help?

I'm sure it will be up soon, hon. :)

I've just moved a board to my host. And although I assumed that all images had been uploaded, they hadn't. I'd gone out, and left my machine on. Usually if there was a problem all files would be in a queue. But the queue was clear, and have the images were missing.

It looks like we use the default avatar directory here plus a sub directory. Dave's probably going to move them all into the default.

Sorry about sudden partly intelligent posts. lol

Cheers,

Ian

#40 Bondian

Bondian

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8019 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 02:04 AM

Ah, gotcha. Must say, I assumed otherwise, but I guess this is the future and everything. But, yeah, "bloatware" seems about right.

It sure is, my friend. Even the buttons in the reply screens look childish. Before, you had a simple button called 'quote'. Now we have a kind of kill me next Friday MSN bubble that you need to be pre teen to be able to read.

BTW, what's all this about a choice between "the Queen's English" and "English"? Is this a joke, or is it a bit like Wikipedia, where you can choose very simple English versions of the pages?

He-he. I think either Dave, Evan or Greg added that for fun. As far as I know there's not a 'Queen's English' language pack available. I maybe wrong, but I'd bet a bottle of red there isn't.

What I love about CBn's forum design. Is the fact that they change the boring bits to something interesting. Take the custom profiles of the Bond actors for example. A brilliant idea.

I'm sure the gang will think of something better than the awful trashy members profile's. Maybe the "Members Dossier" will appear in there somewhere.

Anyway. That's enough intelligence from me for one night. :)

Ciao Mein.

Ian

#41 MarcAngeDraco

MarcAngeDraco

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3312 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 12:55 PM

I uploaded a new pic for my personal photo, and it seemed to work fine. But the next time I came back, it had changed back to the old pic.

Did it over again, with the same results.

Am I doing something wrong?...