8 replies to this topic

#1 Agent007.5

Agent007.5

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:48 AM

In the film, when Le Chiffre is torturing Bond, Mr. White bursts into the room and shoots Le Chiffre in the head and fall to the floor with a bullet wound in the head. Then, in Venice, there's that guy with the weird glasses, know when I first saw it, I first thought Le Chiffre was dead, and that was some other guy working for the organization. Then, someone told me that was Le Chiffre with the glasses, who ends up getting a nailgun in the eye, which I believed. Now, I was reading on wikipedia that my first theory was right, Le Chiffre was killed after torturing Bond, and some other character named Gettler was the one who got shot with the nailgun. What's going on, was he killed in the torture scene or did he make it to Venice?

#2 Johnboy007

Johnboy007

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6990 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:51 AM

Mr White shot Le Chiffre to death in the torture chamber.

The guy with the single eye glass that was literally "nailed" is Gettler.

#3 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

I've amended your topic title as all fans on here have not seen the film yet.

#4 Rich_19

Rich_19

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

In the film, when Le Chiffre is torturing Bond, Mr. White bursts into the room and shoots Le Chiffre in the head and fall to the floor with a bullet wound in the head. Then, in Venice, there's that guy with the weird glasses, know when I first saw it, I first thought Le Chiffre was dead, and that was some other guy working for the organization. Then, someone told me that was Le Chiffre with the glasses, who ends up getting a nailgun in the eye, which I believed. Now, I was reading on wikipedia that my first theory was right, Le Chiffre was killed after torturing Bond, and some other character named Gettler was the one who got shot with the nailgun. What's going on, was he killed in the torture scene or did he make it to Venice?

He was killed in the tortue scene, just like in the book! Wasnt it obvious when he dropped to the floor in front of the camera with a new and rather fetching hole in his head????????

#5 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:58 AM

Then, someone told me that was Le Chiffre with the glasses, who ends up getting a nailgun in the eye, which I believed.

You need smarter friends. :) :P

#6 shady ginzo

shady ginzo

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 346 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 01:20 AM

ha I experienced the same thing, when we first saw gettler my girlfriend gasped "le chiffre!!"

in fairness we tend to accept what we're shown in cinema, and seeing a guy who does not look too much dislike mads mikklesen standing with a patch over the same eye to which Le Chiffre had an existing deformity, it's easy, if not particularly logical, to make the mistake.

#7 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 01:23 AM

ha I experienced the same thing, when we first saw gettler my girlfriend gasped "le chiffre!!"

in fairness we tend to accept what we're shown in cinema, and seeing a guy who does not look too much dislike mads mikklesen standing with a patch over the same eye to which Le Chiffre had an existing deformity, it's easy, if not particularly logical, to make the mistake.

Never thought about it that way. I first saw Gettler in the Bond on Set book.

#8 HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4361 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 01:38 AM

They could have put the darker lense on the other eye so as to not confuse the doorknobs who didnt clue in on the hole in Le Chiffre's head.

#9 Publius

Publius

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3225 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:09 AM

Can't see how anyone thinks the two look similar (or how a man survives a bullet to the head at point-blank range :P ), but my young brother, who's extraordinarily bright and followed the movie almost to a T, did manage to get confused by Mathis' dialogue at the outdoor cafe, and for a time came to conclude that Michael Wilson's cameo was in fact the character of Le Chiffre. :) :P