#1 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 10 July 2002 - 03:36 AM

http://www.crackster.../actor1int1.htm

I was going to post it, but it turned out to be too big for even 2 posts.

Anyway it's pretty interesting, as he talks about his stance on hitting females, his feelings about Bond, his thoughts on Fleming, and says that the next film was set to be OHMSS.

#2 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 10 July 2002 - 04:02 AM

I have that particular issue of Playboy. It's a great interview. I've hoped they'll do a follow up someday, but that's unlikely. Then again...who knows.

#3 JJ Guy

JJ Guy

Cadet

• Crew
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 July 2002 - 05:24 PM

It would have been interesting to see how OHMSS would have turned out with connery in it.

#4 Hardyboy

Hardyboy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 472 posts

Posted 11 July 2002 - 05:52 PM

I'll be darned. . .some people do read Playboy for the articles!

#5 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 11 July 2002 - 06:09 PM

I didn't even know there were articles in Playboy until a couple months ago! :)

Well I'm glad someone took the time to type out the interview anyway, otherwise I'd not be able to see it (for a couple years at least).

#6 Turn

Turn

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6837 posts

Posted 14 July 2002 - 12:59 AM

Playboy has a long history with Bond, even before the films ever hit. They've put out some great pictorials about the film series and will likely do another one when DAD hits.

I too have this issue. It's a particularly important one in Bond history as the Thunderball DVD documentary claims this was the only lengthy print media interview Connery gave while making the film.

The comment about slapping a woman came back to haunt Connery in the 1980s when celebrity interviewer Barbara Walters asked him about it. It seemed she did it to get a rise out of him. A lot of feminists really ganged up on Connery for it, whether they had their facts straight or not. He wasn't the media's biggest fan before and it's not surprising he has an even bigger distrust of media after such things.