9 replies to this topic

#1 doubler83

doubler83

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:35 PM

When Bond was poisoined, why did Vesper save him? Couldn't she have just let him die or was Bond required to finish the game, and risk lose the money. If he had died, what would have happened to the money he had won so far?

I think it was obvious that LeChiffre was going to beat the other players.

I probably haven't made myself clear here, but I know what I'm trying to say. :)

#2 I Like Sharks

I Like Sharks

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:04 PM

I assumed she just didn't want to see him die, paticularly after they got closer in the shower scene which is something of a pivotal moment in the relationship between Vesper and Bond.

#3 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:08 PM

Why would she want him to die? She's working for Gettler/Mr White- not Le Chiffre. All White wants is the money- doesn't matter who wins the game. If Le Chiffre wins- good, his reputation doesn't suffer (although he'll probably top Le Chiffre anyway for being cheeky). If Bond wins; he'll use Vesper or torture Bond to get at it. Vesper's the backup plan.

#4 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:08 PM

And also, it was more simple for Mr White's organisation to get the money off Bond by using Vesper. Therefore it was in their best interests to keep Bond alive so he could defeat Le Chiffre. Actually, it seems strange that the organisation didn't put their own player in the poker game to try and defeat Le Chiffre.

#5 wendy54

wendy54

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:09 PM

I would agree with I Like Sharks. You have to remember that in the movie, Vesper is not really an agent..she's just a government accountant sent to manage the money given to Bond in the card game. She's not used to death and doesn't want to see anybody die. And Bond comforting her in the shower probably played a part in her feelings for him.

#6 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:09 PM

My problem is how the hell she knew what to do so quickly.

#7 Bucky

Bucky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:24 PM

they try to make those compact defribulators(?) as self explanatory as possible so that way in case a person going into cardiac arrest cant use it in time somebody walking by can do it fairly easily

#8 ComplimentsOfSharky

ComplimentsOfSharky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2804 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:30 PM

She was a double agent, but she was growing to love him.

As she said, she's a complex woman.

#9 MR. BOND 93

MR. BOND 93

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:50 PM

She just needed the money I suppose.

If she didn't care if Le Chiffre won, then why would she of been there?

#10 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 07:52 AM

Someone is out, one contact wire is unwired, I think it's pretty obvious what to do, who need the notice to push on a red button, and wire the last remaining wire ?

But of course, many think it's a bit easy. That's one of the quirks of the movie.