5 replies to this topic

#1 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 05:28 AM

I found it rather refreshing that for the most part, Bond was unarmed during the action sequences. Forcing him (and the writers) to be a bit more creative in how he stopped the opposition. After the 80's and 90's Bond films started to rely more and more on shoot outs, this was a welcome change of pace. Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of the action sequence from the Brosnan films (I'm not afraid to admit the TND finale is one of my faves :)).

With that said though, I think it's about time the writers start thinking up more interesting action sequences for Bond. Sure it's easy to give your main character a machine gun and have him mow down rows of enemies, but it's more interesting to watch Bond use his wits to survive.

So now that they've made this change, do you want them to take it further, or would you rather see Bond pick up a machine gun every now and then and have a Brosnan style action sequence?

#2 EyesOnly

EyesOnly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 05:33 AM

I would love for them to take this change further! CR had some of the best fight sequences in the Bond franchise!

#3 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 05:40 AM

Oh, please take the physical action sequences further. I don't want to see Bond do anything substantial with a machine gun for at least two more films.

#4 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 06:10 AM

Oh, please take the physical action sequences further. I don't want to see Bond do anything substantial with a machine gun for at least two more films.

Agreed 100%. I'd love to see the action-style of CR continue into the next few films.

#5 killkenny kid

killkenny kid

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6607 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 05:34 PM

Agreed 100%. I'd love to see the action-style of CR continue into the next few films.

same here. It would be nice, not to see Bond with a machine gun for a long time.

#6 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 05:43 PM

Nothing interesting from me. Just complete agreement.