possible Bond/Dimitrios plot hole?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Taylor

Taylor

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 10:18 PM

I was wondering how Bond was able to follow Dimitrios to the airport. Anyone else curious about this? We see Bond with Solange one minute and he finds out he is on the last plane to Miami then the next thing we see is Bond in his Aston followed by Bond in a taxi following Dimitrios. OK, but how was Bond able to figure out which car Dimitrios was in to get on his trail? And what's with the Body World thingy? Is that exhibit part of the airport or something else? It all happened so quickly I'm a little confused about this section of the movie.

Thanks!

#2 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 10:30 PM

I'm a little confused...

Oh, we wouldn't want that... :)

Not a real plothole there. The only thing is: if Dimitrios was on the last plane to Miami, ond surely had a bit of trouble getting on the same plane and not being spotted by Dimitrios. The rest is simply a matter of good tailing.

#3 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:29 PM

Bond must have catched the same plane. He did only order champagne and beluga caviar for one.

I loved Craig's acting, when he find out the girl is dead. Best bond since Connery, period.

#4 Taylor

Taylor

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 12:00 AM

OK, thanks guys! That was the only thing that threw me off about the plot of the film. Everything else I'm pretty cool with. Man, it feels so amazing to have such a great Bond film out in theatres right now! I've already seen it 4 times! Does that mean I need help? :)

#5 Gobi-1

Gobi-1

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1529 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 05:31 AM

OK, thanks guys! That was the only thing that threw me off about the plot of the film. Everything else I'm pretty cool with. Man, it feels so amazing to have such a great Bond film out in theatres right now! I've already seen it 4 times! Does that mean I need help? :)

No it means you need to see it again. :P

#6 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 05:53 AM

No it means you need to see it again. :P

Beat me to it!

#7 bonds_walther

bonds_walther

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 419 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 02:53 PM

It's obvious that Bond caught the same plane for Miami. He knew that it would be the last flight out.

#8 sorking

sorking

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 04:58 PM

It's obvious that Bond caught the same plane for Miami. He knew that it would be the last flight out.

Indeed.

I suspect there may have been a shot or two cut - showing Bond on the same plane, etc. (Remember he jumps into the Aston when leaving Solange, but when he gets to the Body Worlds exhibition he's in a cab.)

So many cuts seem to have been made to tighten the film. I don't disapprove at all - but it'd be nice to see the deleted scenes, or an alternate extended cut, on the DVD.

That said, Bond's DVD deleted scenes are pretty messed up. Even the few we get are incomplete. (Where's the helecopter loop-the-loop from GE? Or all TND's Stamper stuff? Or, well, everything from DAD?) I hope and dream for CR to get the proper treatment...but the realist in me thinks it's unlikely.