31 replies to this topic

#31 dee-bee-five

dee-bee-five

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:16 PM

Shame on you. Don't you realise that the blink-and-you'll-miss-him Richard Branson cameo (hardly that, actually) is symptomatic of a complete lack of integrity on behalf of the film-makers? A wicked capitalist conspiracy to have Virgin rammed down your throat, in fact.

Although it could be the way it was filmed, of course...

:P

To be honest, the product placement wasn't a big deal for me. Of course I saw the Mondeo scene, but I thought that was supposed to be humorous - the music is roaring, and what we're seeing Bond is a... Ford. Hilarious.

The Sony products? Sorry. Wasn't paying attention to them. Doubt the audience was, either.

Omega? Okay. You got me. But I didn't mind it too much, to be honest. So sue me.

and the airline plug? Notice how Miami International Airport only has one airline servicing it?

No. I was too busy paying attention to the story. :)

I'm so with you on this one. Product placement just isn't an issue for me. It just tells me the producers are savvy. And I have too many other things in my head to worry about it.

#32 Broadsword

Broadsword

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 344 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:22 PM

The ACME comment was just a joke.... not a suggestion

You've no need to apologise. There's a bit of a humour malfunction on this thread. Not to mention a lack of perspective.

I disagree. Bond in a Mondeo is hilarious. I am still chuckling. I mean. Bond. In a Mondeo. AWESOME.

The argument/perspective is:

Campbell and DC reach for realism and are let down by some clunky scenes and product placement. Thats all. i thinks its a fair point and other members seem to agree.

I am a little pissed off I admit cos I was beliveing the hype from Campbell and Craig as well as just about every review I had read that this was a back to basics spy thriller. And it well....wasn't.

Shame on you. Don't you realise that the blink-and-you'll-miss-him Richard Branson cameo (hardly that, actually) is symptomatic of a complete lack of integrity on behalf of the film-makers? A wicked capitalist conspiracy to have Virgin rammed down your throat, in fact.

Although it could be the way it was filmed, of course...

:P

To be honest, the product placement wasn't a big deal for me. Of course I saw the Mondeo scene, but I thought that was supposed to be humorous - the music is roaring, and what we're seeing Bond is a... Ford. Hilarious.

The Sony products? Sorry. Wasn't paying attention to them. Doubt the audience was, either.

Omega? Okay. You got me. But I didn't mind it too much, to be honest. So sue me.

and the airline plug? Notice how Miami International Airport only has one airline servicing it?

No. I was too busy paying attention to the story. :)

I'm so with you on this one. Product placement just isn't an issue for me. It just tells me the producers are savvy. And I have too many other things in my head to worry about it.

Rolex?
Omega.

Savvy would mean that the audience in my cinema would not have guffawed at this line. WHY? because it wouldn't have been there!

Clunky child's play does not a decent spy thriller make.

If their intentions were for us to laugh then i missed the joke.

Harry Knowles of AICN got it. My theatre got it - they roared with laughter at the moment. My friend, after he saw the film on his own, called me up and talked to me about how awesome it was to have a moment with Bond driving a Ford before he gets a "genuine" Bond car. :P

Like a Saab 900 you mean?

Edited by Broadsword, 21 November 2006 - 03:33 PM.