49 replies to this topic

#31 bond_girl_double07

bond_girl_double07

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2322 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 08:44 PM

I got it by accident. The girl who cuts my hair also sometimes does the hair for Hugh Hefner's girlfriends (aka "The Girls Next Door"). So we always talk about the show and she fills me in on the latest mansion gossip. This time the gossip was extra good and we kept talking and she kept cutting. Before I realized it, I had no more hair.

Whoa! that's crazy :)

#32 SGT Mike B

SGT Mike B

Cadet

• Crew
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:13 PM

I got it by accident. The girl who cuts my hair also sometimes does the hair for Hugh Hefner's girlfriends (aka "The Girls Next Door"). So we always talk about the show and she fills me in on the latest mansion gossip. This time the gossip was extra good and we kept talking and she kept cutting. Before I realized it, I had no more hair.

Aww, thats a bummer. But hey hair grows back. lol. I'll try to see if I can get mine cut like Bond's but it's hard to get a haircut nowadays. when you actually have like no time. As for me, I'm not a blond so I won't look like Daniel Craig.

#33 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:18 PM

My haircut is a mixture between Roger Moore's and Daniel Craig's.

#34 Cruiserweight

Cruiserweight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6815 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:38 PM

No,i haven't cut my hair since 2004.

#35 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:20 PM

Up until I was 11 or so I always kept my hair long in the back with bangs in the front. Hey, it was the 70's.

Until Moonraker. Regardless of the fashions, that was how I wanted my hair. Both my older brothers sported long hair and beards. Mom was pleased with my decision.

I have and always do keep it short and parted on the left. It may not be in style and I do maintain my sideburns (to a length) but that's how I roll. It also saves time toweling off after a shower.

#36 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:40 PM

No,i haven't cut my hair since 2004.

Except for an occasional trimming now and then (not good if you don't do that from time to time), I haven't cut my hair since 1990.

#37 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:59 PM

My hair looks quite a bit like Pierce's in GoldenEye. I never, ever thought of this before, so this awesome realization truly made me a happy, grateful man.

#38 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:53 PM

My hair looks more like Sean Connery's than any other Bond actors. I don't mean Connery as Bond, I mean Connery now. Of course he still has more hair than me.

#39 Double-0-7

Double-0-7

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3629 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 10:58 PM

My hair looks more like Sean Connery's than any other Bond actors. I don't mean Connery as Bond, I mean Connery now. Of course he still has more hair than me.

Your hairstyle most closely resembles Blofeld from You Only Live Twice, but it looks good on you my friend. B)

#40 darthbond

darthbond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:47 PM

Mine looks more like Daniel Craig's, but light brown.

darthbond

#41 darkpath

darkpath

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2688 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:44 AM

I tried a combination of the QoS and CR hairstyles; but it didn't work for my hairline and thickness (or lack thereof B) ) so I went back to an approximation of the CR hairstyle. It's easy to care for and doesn't look stringy when damp. Like Bryce, I part on the left.

I should clarify that it was actually a happy accident as my haircut was the work of the haircutter my wife and her sisters had been going to, and it turned out after the fact that this was the style that DC wore in CR. Aside from the dalliance with the unsuccessful hybrid QoS/CR look, I've been been using this look since prior to the first pics of DC as Bond emerging.

#42 Dr.Mirakle32

Dr.Mirakle32

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:19 AM

My hair is usually like a thicker, slightly wavier version of Pierce's GoldenEye look and Patrick Dempsey's. When it's shorter it's closer to Pierce's TWINE look but considerably thicker.

#43 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:53 AM

I tried it once. Doesn't suit me well. When I remember to cut my hair I tend to style it more like Lazenby's was styled in OHMSS. Except I comb it to the other side. Still, looks good if I do say so myself. When I haven't cut my hair but it hasn't been too long, my hair looks a bit like Brosnan's in GoldenEye, only brown. Then about a month later, it turns into the curly mini-fro I've got going now. Really need to remember to get a haircut. My schedule's open now that it's summer...

#44 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:16 AM

Thanks to SGT Mike B for digging this embarrassing thread up. B)

It's okay, though.

#45 Aris007

Aris007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:50 AM

Well I have to say that my hair are closer to Brosnan's style. When it's long it look like the hair in The World Is Not Enough. When it's real long it looks like Pierce's in Goldeneye, but it's closer to Patrick Dempsey's(to be honest I'm trying to make look that way B) )!

#46 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:21 PM

My own CR shot courtesy of Miss West. In return, I snapped one of her whilst debating snapping her up. B)

Attached Files

#47 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:27 PM

I once had all my hair removed, shaved the rest then got a chap in London to weave the hair into a Connery toupee. It set off my blue towelling jumpsuit in a way you couldn't possibly imagine...

And an ex once fashioned their hair into a Plenty O'Toole..complete with side parting... though you couldn't tell when she wore jeans.

#48 DAN LIGHTER

DAN LIGHTER

Lt. Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:57 PM

My own CR shot courtesy of Miss West. In return, I snapped one of her whilst debating snapping her up. B)

Miss West looks nice.

I have always been blessed with crap hair. I have never had a decent hairstyle.I would have loved the Craig look but might be getting a bit too thin in the forehead area.

#49 007½

007½

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 261 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:01 PM

I try to part my hair like Sir Roger's, but because my dad's family is from the Caribbean, I have about a two week window where it works. Other than that, it's combed back, in a TWINE-ish manner.

I like my two week window...

I wish it was my two week window right now...

Edited by 007½, 02 July 2009 - 09:42 PM.

#50 Sark2.0

Sark2.0

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 332 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 03:16 AM

My haircut and style resemble Bryce's more than Craig's. Used to do the CR look. Too much of hassle though.