What direction for Bond 22?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Doubl07

Doubl07

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 06:57 AM

I am curious. Do you all think the next film will move further away from the Bond formula or closer back to it?? What do you prefer?

#2 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:07 AM

Hmm. I'd prefer about the same level of faithfulness to the formula. There's still room to play around things before going back.

#3 OK Connery

OK Connery

Cadet

• Crew
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:34 AM

They definitely should keep things interesting by continuing to play with the formula. Keep things in a semi-realistic feel. However, the next one should be (just a little bit) lighter compared to this. Not necessarily more comedic, but stronger focus on a more standard Bond plot to help re-assure casual movie-goers that the Bond films are still y'know "Bond films", but with the continuing emotional arc for 007.

#4 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 08:37 AM

Hmm, if we follow history, Craig will be back sporting a pink tie, or disguised as a crocodile to deceive the enemy. Or both. With a wig.

#5 Gri007

Gri007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1719 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 05:25 PM

I reckon it'll be more closer the formular. I think we will get the 'tradational' gunbarrel sequnce and the dancing girls for MTS.

Not sure about Q. But may be Moneypenny. I should think Rene Mathis would return