Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:42 AM

For those who do not want to read my full review, I'll put it this way:

The film is simply awesome.

Now onto my longer review: :)

First I'll mention a little bit about the audience. The theatre was completely full. The audience seemed to really enjoy themselves, and they loved all of Bond's quips, especially the ones during the torture scene. Then as I was leaving, the line-up for the next show was all the way from where the tickets are taken to one of the main doors to enter the theatre. I'm glad I decided not to go to the later show otherwise I probably would not have gotten in.

Now about the film. The pre-title sequence was fantastic. It was nice to have a short one again. It reminded me of the early Bond pre-title sequences. The black and white was also a really nice effect. The gun barrel ending going right into the titles worked very well. As for the title sequence itself, it was very original and well done.

Although I know some people felt the Madagascar chase sequence came too soon after the main titles, but I thought it came in a just the right time. The whole scene was very exciting. Another great action scene was the Miami Airport sequence. My favorite part of it would have to be what happens at the end of it, but I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen the film. There were tons of other great Bond moments as well, but there is way too many to mention.

The poker scenes were well paced. I thought they would slow the film down a lot but they didn't slow it down at all. They kept me interested the whole time. The torture sequence was very well done, although Daniel stole the show from Mads, delivering some of the best Bond quips in the entire series. The Venice finale was great too.

As for perfomances by the cast, everybody was fantastic. Daniel Craig's performance as Bond was flawless. Eva Green was a great Vesper, exactly how I pictured her in the book. Mads Mikkelsen was great as Le Chiffre, one of the best Bond villains in years. The chemistry between Daniel Craig and Eva Green was phenomenal and you could really feel the tension in all of their scenes together.

There are plenty of other great things to mention about the film, but I'll leave it at that. This is definately my new favorite Bond movie. It had everything a Bond film needs. Overall, it's definately a ten out of ten.

No wait.

Eleven out of ten. :P