4 replies to this topic

#1 YOLT

YOLT

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 12:07 AM

Well I liked the film, especially the second half. As a film its better than most of the other 20, but its not so sucessful as a Bond flick. My major problem is they just had all the action in the first half. They should have spread it in all 144 minutes.

But to say the truth its better than LTK and OHMSS, ( not sure about that one ), better than the real rivals. Craig is a good actor, but he is no Connery. He sometimes looks handsome and sometime ugly. The cameraman have to work a lot in Bond 22.

I didnt liked the gunbarell scene, the traditional one is better. But I loved the credits.

This one is different and its not a bad thing. The change worked for this one but it wont continue. For Bond 22 they have to be more formualic, not something like MR or DAD but something like TLD or TND. We need more "real" Bond stuffs. The theme, more one liners and that feel, the Bond feel.

And a better director, someone like Roger Spottiswoode.

#2 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 12:11 AM

We'll call it 'Stop or my Bond will shoot'! :)

micheal Mann?

#3 YOLT

YOLT

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 12:19 AM

We'll call it 'Stop or my Bond will shoot'! :)

micheal Mann?

Well I think TND was better than GE. CR can only be done once. People wont believe another love story.

#4 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 12:23 AM

It's definitely better than LTK. I'll need to see it more times before I'd put it ahead of OHMSS. It is a fantastic movie though.

Seeing the gunbarrel in its rightful place again in B22 will be even more satisfying. I hope they don't go formulaic again, but I also hope they don't over do the focus on Bond. You can only do a characer study of Bond so often.

#5 Publius

Publius

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3225 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 12:45 AM

At this point, the only films it might be competing with (for me, at least) are LTK, OHMSS, and FRWL. It blows all the others out of the water.