No replies to this topic

#1 Frostyak

Frostyak

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 05:35 PM

I saw CR last night and while I could offer a full review I simply don't have the time. Moreover, it would likely just reiterate what others have already said. Instead here are some observations:

1. Daniel Craig is awsome. The first actor to play Bond who actually looks like he can do what he is pretending to do. Craig appeared as a killer who appreciated nice things (cars, champagne, luxury goods). He did not appear as a millionaire playboy who also had to kill if necessary; his first appearance in the tuxedo was played nicely.

2. Eva Green is simply amazing to watch on screen. Still pictures do not do her beauty, or presence, justice. From her first appearance on the train, to her last appearance, she was perfect.

3. The Miami Sequence...the only good thing to come from this was the end as it reinforces what kind of a man Bond really is. Otherwise, I think that the shortening and simplifying of this scene would have helped with the overall pacing.

4. The overall attitude of the main characters (Bond, M, LeChiffre, Vesper) was so refreshing. Their more Fleming-like portrayal was great and a nice departure from the rest of the series.

That is all, after being up for 23hours and only getting 4.5 hours of sleep, that I can think of right now.

- Chris

Edited by Frostyak, 17 November 2006 - 05:36 PM.