No replies to this topic

#1 jimbo bond 007

jimbo bond 007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:06 AM

Watched CR with my brother last night and I have to say a film nearly lived up to the hype. I was willing this film to be great and in many ways it was. I left the cinema on a high after Craig utters the famous line and can't wait to see where the next film will take us in 2 years.

I had been really disappointed with Die Another Day, not because of Brosnan, because I felt he was let down by a weak script, weak direction and a truly crap CGI ice surfing stunt. I left the cinema 4 years ago thinking more about the bad points of that film than the good. With CR it was different, sure I have a few minor qibbles but nothing major. The action is great, the romantic scences even better and the by-play between Bond and Vesper is top class. There are points to make you wince, cry, laugh, gasp etc. The 'now everyone will know you died scrathing my balls' is a classic.

Overall a great member of the Bond canon and well worth the wait. It is more like watching a Bond book on film than many of the films since Dr No, From Russia With Love and Goldfinger and that is a good thing. You can once again see Fleming's touch. Some of the things we have associated with Bond films of the past aren't there but I think they will return in the next one.

Anyway, for those of you that have seen it I hope you enjoyed it and for those of you still waiting there is a treat in store.