1 reply to this topic

#1 Victor Zokas

Victor Zokas

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 22 April 2002 - 01:50 PM

I just watched the DVD documentary on DAF, and is it me, or was it as easy as anything to sort out the continuity mess up when Bond and Tiffany escape out of the dead end?

OK the car goes on it's 2 right wheels and comes out on it's 2 left wheels. The shot of them coming out on the 2 right wheels can't be used as there were crowds watching on the street.

First of all I've watched this chase plenty of times and never thought much of it, but there are crowds of people on corners watching the whole chase. It isn't that noticeable as you're moving around the streets pretty quick, but they are there nonetheless. So they could have just used the correct shot coming out of the dead end, as the crowd on the corner, to me, is less of a problem than seeing the car coming out wrong. That useless switch they inserted makes no sense.

They should have shown the car going in, then use the correct scene of them coming out of the dead end (cutting away before you see the crowds) then put an insert of Bond and Tiff looking at each other, then cut back to the car driving off when the crowds weren't there.

Was Guy Hamilton that hopeless?

#2 Ry

Ry

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 22 April 2002 - 06:57 PM

I totally agree with you. I am glad that the documentary fianlly reveals the reason why they did the stunt that way. Regardless, I don't think the people on the corner watching the stunt are all that noticeable. The switching of sides only makes the scene more confusing.